Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I may take tomorrow off

Two days of heavy cleaning, especially when I had lost the energy surge last night and never regained it, has taken its toll on me.  I think I'll leave the bed made up and just stay there all day.  Reading, knitting...whatever.  I have the kitchen and bathroom to scrub down but they can wait an extra day.  I'm hurting and beyond tired.  I wish I could function like I used to but I can't and pushing through doesn't achieve a very good result in the long run.

Last night was a 4 tramadol night, although I took the second dose at around 6 a.m. so I had plenty of time between dosages.  At 7:45 the dr's office called, waking me up, to make the appointment for Zach's anemia.  The hematologist is also my oncologist, as I mentioned yesterday, so I have a lot of confidence in him.  I just wish they would make their appointments after the sun rises.

Or at least higher in the sky.

I've done two loads of laundry today as well, but the second load will just have to sit in the dryer until tomorrow morning.  I'm going to trudge over and make up the bed and fall into it.  I doubt I will knit tonight because I am hurting and need to take some tramadol. A hot shower might help some so I might do that first.  Then to bed with the lights off.

I did sleep okay last night in spite of sleeping with the bed in a different orientation and not propped up against the wall any longer.  Instead I was propped in a makeshift corner.  I don't have as many problems now that I'm taking Prilosec OTC for my acid reflux and heartburn, but I don't want to find out in the middle of the night that the problem is still there.  So I prop up.  Besides, I've slept that way for 20+ years.  I don't think I could sleep on just a pillow.

But now it's time to shut down the computer and hop into that shower.

TTFN

No comments: