Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Still riding that damned depression wave

Another day riding the depression wave.  It will end, I know, but I never know how long I have to put up with it.  In the meantime, I'm making some changes to my bedroom/living room, which might cheer me up a bit.  It's bursting at the seams with too much furniture so I'm adding something smaller so I can eliminate something bigger.  Hard to explain but there is a coffee table in front of the window for the pets to have a place to watch outside, which really isn't needed so I bought a smaller ottoman so they can do the same thing.  Only now I can actually get to the curtains to open them.  Then I'm moving the second/game tv to the corner since I can now get to it to change out the dvds in it.

It's the little things, you know.

We got our Weight Watchers calculators today.  I'll look at it later. I'm hoping to start counting calories tomorrow since WW won't work well for me.  I need to start cooking better meals so Zach can learn to eat better instead of WW meals that are hardly filling or healthy.  Damned depression.

I just got Tom a can of beef stew for supper tonight as I am going to bed as soon as the bedroom is done. I had thought about turning it back into a living room, where I would just make up the futon every night and morning, but it's such a pain in the ass, especially painful when I'm having a flare up of the old fibromyalgia and besides, I really do like having a bed instead of a couch.  Doesn't help with the guilt feelings that I'm taking over the living room but since we hardly ever have company, it shouldn't be an issue.  And Tom's family all use the kitchen table anyway.

So I've got to get this done so I can go to bed.  I fell asleep early last night only to wake up around 10 p.m.  I fell back asleep and woke up when Tom got home and was up until  4 a.m. after that.  Then Professor wanted out at 8:30 for a wee.  Then I slept until 11 a.m.  It's just sleeping in fits and starts.  No real rest at all.  I'm back where I started.

For now, though, I'm just going to take each day on its own and not try to think about the future too much.  That just adds to the depression.

TTFN

2 comments:

Becca Levine said...

I made a yummy dish in my electric skillet tonight...
2 chicken breasts, cubed into bite-sized pieces
15oz canned/jarred pineapple plus it's juice
1 pkt onion soup mix
1 cup water
1 T brown sugar
1 T soy sauce

Brown the chicken in the skillet. Add the remaining ingredients and boil for a few minutes, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes to reduce the liquid. You can tweak any of the of ingredients to your taste. Serve over rice. Pretty simple and low-cal!

Kathy said...

That sounds really good. I'm going to write this out and use it this week. Thanks, Becca!