Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Still in the pondering stages

I priced rototillers today hoping I can convince Tom to buy one in time to plant the garden this year.  They aren't as expensive as I thought but you have to order them and they're sent to the store.  They don't keep them in stock.  I did buy some bamboo sticks for my tomatoes.  The cages were $2.26 each and huge.  They're twice as big as the one I've got left over from the several that were stolen out of the garage.  Much too big for my tiny garden to be.

I'm making more progress on the curtain, the pinwheel blanket and the two color baby blanket.  I'm up to three size 8 circular needles on the pinwheel and about 4 inches to go before making the casing for the curtain rod.  I still have several inches to go on the two-color baby blanket as it's sport weight yarn and doesn't "grow" as fast as the other projects.

But I'm still dragging from the fatigue, which doesn't seem to be going away at all.  It would help if I could get some sleep but it was after 5 a.m. when I finally dozed off only to wake up at 9 when Tom was up puttering about in the kitchen.  I fell back asleep and woke up at 11 when a salesman came to the door selling stuff I wasn't interested in.  After that it was too late to go back to sleep.  I've been fighting sleep all day.

Tom "suggested" that it was a nice enough day for me to work outside today but I ignored him.  I'm not 12.  I can plan my own days, thank you.  Seriously, I think he was just letting me know the weather forecast but as you can see, tired equals grumpy.  And I've got plenty of grumpy going on.  Enough that we're having pizza tonight because I'm too tired and too cranky to cook.  It's cheap, store-brand pizza but not too bad either.

Then I'm going to bed.  I might even go to sleep before the sun goes down.  I'm that tired.  I'm still working out the kinks in how I want to change both my blogs.  I know I want this one to be more about crafting and less about my health issues.  I'm just not sure what I want to do with my spiritual blog yet.  I doubt I have any readers left as I haven't posted there in over 2 weeks.  But it's not about readership, although I dearly love that people want to read my ramblings.  It's about being true to myself and treating myself with more respect than I have in the past.

But that will have to happen after I've had enough sleep to satisfy my poor, tired body.  And I have to remember that baby steps work better for me than the 100 yd dash.

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

I am tired , I read the first line as I priced rottweilers today!
Need sleep!
LOL
Vicki

Kathy said...

LOL! They don't do windows.