Thursday, June 9, 2011

StuffMart enabled me today

Crap!

I was doing so well with my yarn diet, having only bought a few skeins of Red Heart Supersaver in the past several months.  And then StuffMart had a clearance sale of Vanna's Choice yarn, some cotton yarn and some Bernat baby sport yarn.  Rock bottom prices, I tell you!  Except when you load the cart up with the stuff.  Fortunately I'll be able to use all of it in hats or baby blankets and I got enough of the cotton yarn to make a small grocery bag ($1 a ball...I got three of them) so they will be put to good use.  It's just that I really didn't need anymore yarn.  And yet...here I am.

Today was such a difference from the past three days.  Cold, and by cold I mean chilly.  It got as high as 56F here, which isn't that odd for early June, but going from nearly 100F, it was quite a drop.  But it was perfect sleeping weather last night.  I had the windows open a bit and one fan on so when I woke up this morning, I was snuggled down under the covers.  Great!

Tom and Zach love the new living room and dining room arrangement.  And quite frankly I slept much better last night.  My old mattress was mostly wire.  I had two foam sheets and a thick mattress pad on it and still shifted and turned a lot in bed.  I don't remember turning at all last night.  I know I did but it didn't wake me up.  I was so afraid this would be a mistake. I also discovered that I didn't pop into bed right after supper but sat on the couch and knitted while watching tv up until around 11 p.m. at which time I made the futon into a bed.  I wonder if that's another reason I slept better.

This morning I turned it back into a couch first thing, then sat in there knitting and watching some things I had dvr'd until Tom left for work.  I can't really do much while he's home getting ready for work because he's in every room I need to be in, so I just find other things to do.  We did errands after he left, then got home and started supper, washed up some dishes, got some clothes out of the dryer and am now waiting for supper to be done.  Macaroni and cheese, the homemade edition.

I didn't have time to learn the camera today and it was a gloomy, dark day anyway so nothing would have showed up very well.  And I'm moving in slow motion from the pain and stiffness from all my exertions yesterday.  But the fatigue wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  And not as bad as it has been in the past.  I wonder if it was the sleep last night.  Time will tell, I suppose.

I still have so much to do around here and since Tom has to work tomorrow (I got his guys some donuts) I'll work on some projects tomorrow, one being mowing the yard, I hope.  If it doesn't rain.  It was too soggy today due to the rain we got last night, but maybe tomorrow.  I'm hoping to work progressively, building up stamina and strength instead of doing what I did yesterday by pushing myself beyond my endurance.  One reason I didn't get more done today.  But I feel optimistic for the first time in ages, that I can overcome this fatigue.  The pain will always be with me and I can cope with that, no problem.  What I'm having trouble coping with is the fatigue.

I discovered that Professor can jump up on the ottoman without his smaller step, which is great since I don't have a lot of room in the living room for it.  But now that the couch is in the other room from the computer he's not happy with me since he has to be in the same room I'm in and when I'm on the computer he has no place to lie down.  So I got him a cheap $4 dog bed today and he went right to it as soon as I lay it down.  And snoozed there while I was on the computer until I turned on the oven.  He has a fear of the oven ever since the smoke alarm went off when he was a baby.  We had put one of the smoke alarms near the furnace, thinking that would be a good place for it, but it was too close to the stove and went off when I used the oven.  It scared the poor guy so badly he used to head for the front door and claw frantically trying to get out.  Now he just goes and hides in Zach's room.

Well, I can smell that supper is nearly ready so I'm off to fix a veg to go with it, then it's off to finish up the dishes and then an evening on the couch, knitting and watching my dvr stuff.

TTFN

No comments: