Monday, June 20, 2011

Rainy days and Mondays...seem to be a trend

Crap!  I was typing away and accidentally hit the wrong key when looking for the shift key and deleted the whole post.  And for some frakking reason, blogger didn't save it so I'm starting over again.  I wish I could remember what I had written out before.

Ah, yes...the endless tirade about no sleep.  I had trouble sleeping last night because of pain and Tom woke me up early this morning shouting to Zach through his bedroom door.  He wasn't his usual quiet self today for some reason.  Anyway with his puttering about in the kitchen, the dining room television and Professor wanting me to get up, I didn't get anymore sleep...just 3 hours.  So I'm falling asleep at the keyboard while printing out patterns to knit later.

I finally got the Tardis pattern printed out.  It's practically a book now with all the charts.  I'm pretty sure the new ink cartridge is close to empty now.  But I got it and some baby blankets, blankets, hats, etc printed out for summer knitting.  I also cleared out some room on my favorite places by deleting a lot of patterns I just won't knit anytime soon.  Or ever.

I finished up the two color baby blanket.  I messed up a bit on the side edging.  Didn't pick up enough stitches to match the opposite side but I'm tired of it and since it's not that noticeable, I'm not going to redo it.  Normally my perfectionist nature wouldn't let me do that but my tired nature has won out over Miss Perfection.  Not that what I do is perfect, but I can't normally stand obvious mistakes.

Watched some documentaries with Tom this weekend, lots of sci fi by myself (Battlestar Galactica...never seen it before...Charmed and Supernatural, stuff like that, but didn't get to Outsiders yet) and knitted a lot but didn't get the garden turned yet.  Zach was eager to start in on it this morning but it was raining.  Now it's not raining but he's having stomach pains so I sent him to bed with some Fiber-All or something like it and a hot water bottle.  The pain was a bit intense.

It's midsummer's eve but I'm not going to try a bonfire tonight because a storm is predicted.  I'll see how it goes tomorrow night though.  I just need some sleep.  Baked ziti sounds good tonight if I have any ziti or anything resembling ziti.  Otherwise I'm off to lie down and snooze a while before cooking.

Oh, and one of the eagles has fledged...haven't seen him around the nest in a few days.  The other two are branching and still seem pretty nervous about it.  Mom and Dad are still feeding them.  While not feeding the remaining juvies, they are teaching the fledgling to soar and hunt before he goes off on his own entirely.  I wonder how long it takes for him to become persona non grata at the nest.  I do admit I haven't seen the nest at night so the fledgling might still be sleeping there.

TTFN

No comments: