Friday, June 24, 2011

Update on Hannibal and lots of knitting

Another cool, overcast day but without any rain.  Unfortunately the errands took all afternoon so I didn't get any yard work done.  Tomorrow we must get out there and work though.  I'm going to mow and Zach will work the garden.  It may take me all day to do it, but I'll get 'er done.

I'm using the homemade cat food for Hannibal because I'm tired of throwing away $2.20 a can prescription cat food away.  He has probably lost weight over the past few days because he hasn't eaten much at all.  I used the list of food combinations on the paper they sent home with me and he inhaled it.  Today was tuna and oats.  Tomorrow I'll use something else.  What confuses me is the paperwork she sent with me is about elimination diets and he doesn't have any food allergy symptoms at all.  I suspect the diets for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and food allergy are similar though.  But I am allowing him outside contrary to the instructions because it's not an allergy so if he eats a mouse it's not going to harm him.  Plus he loves lying on the back hill surveying his kingdom.  He's definitely perkier today.

I got Zach's yarn for his sweater.  He picked two different shades of green so I have to find a pattern that incorporates two different colors or a pattern that I can use with two different colors.  No hurry on it, but I didn't want to decide to start the sweater and find out they're no longer carrying the yarn.  StuffMart does switch things out frequently.  I also picked up more baby sport yarn on sale.  This is boucle and I'll use the pattern on the band.  Minus the duckies though.  Darn those sale bins!

I met a woman in line at the checkout who was commenting on all the yarn I was buying so I told her about Ravelry and all the patterns available there.  I never even considered she might not have the internet as she was probably in her 70s.  But I guess most people do these days, don't they?  My parents are closing in on 80 and have had the internet for years.  She was really intrigued by the curtain I was knitting.

I really don't need to add another project, but I will.  Because I can.  But I need new needles as I can't find my second set of sizes 5, 6, & 7 circulars.  Those are the ones I use most of all with 8's being another size.  I would like to knit some socks this summer but I don't have any sock yarn.  I could use my handspun for that and have dozens of pairs of red socks in many different styles.  But I still have to dye and ply it first.  Until my kitchen is under control and my garden is put in, that's just going to have to wait.  But soon, because I want to scour and card my Shetland fleece while I can still dry it outside between the two old screens I have.  Otherwise the squirrels might take off with it.

I haven't fixed supper yet but I'm probably not going to eat since I ate a late lunch so it's just hamburgers for Zach and Tom...baked potato for Tom and chips for Zach.  I've got some pork chops for supper tomorrow night when Tom can enjoy it.  Tonight is a quick turnaround as he has to get up early tomorrow morning and go back into work for about 6 hours.  I should go ahead and get it done so I can sit on the couch and watch all the Oddities episodes I dvr'd today.  I love that show!  Plus I have hours of Supernatural, Charmed and Doctor Who to watch this weekend.  Think of all the knitting I'm going to get done...while recovering from all the yard work. 

Today I'm working on the curtain and the pinwheel blanket, no longer a baby blanket but a young boys' blanket.  I'll probably give these to the food pantry this fall.  If I manage to knit up some hats, scarves and mittens/gloves, those will go to the library's program for kids this fall/winter.  I did make good progress on the shell for me.  It's going to be too small so I'll need to lose some weight before I can wear it.  I think I'm doing better although I did snack too much today.  I'm getting used to not snacking while I knit though and since I knit quite a large portion of the day, that means me expending calories knitting without actually putting more in by snacking.  I just hope I can keep up with it.

Off to fix some burgers and finish up my internet reading (which I've really cut back on).

TTFN

1 comment:

armouris said...

more info on inflammatory bowel disease here - Inflammatory Bowel Disease