Thursday, June 2, 2011

A very good day

Today is a very good day.

I got nothing done in the way of work, but I did get some relaxing morning knitting in, ordered a roto-tiller with Tom's blessing and got my new mastectomy bras and prosthesis.  Yay!  Unfortunately the breast form is too big, but it's wearable for now and gives me a normal shape in spite of its size.  But the bras are heavenly.  They fit.  Something I haven't had for over 8 years.  Another thing I love is that the breast form, being weighted foam rather than silicone doesn't shift in the bra so I'm not wearing my boob in the middle of my chest.  And my shoulder strap isn't falling down every few seconds...literally.

I ordered another breast form one size down, which will probably still be a bit too big, but since this form fills me out nicely, I didn't want to go down too far in size.  At $14 each, I can afford to have more than one anyway so I can wash one and wear the other one.

I'm making progress on the curtain...nearly to the spot where I need to knit up a casing.  I'm just going to pick up stitches on the sides and garter stitch a few rows to keep it from rolling.  Next time I'll put some garter stitch borders in the design itself.  I think I'm going to make some curtains for the bathroom as well for when we fix it up.  Which should be sometime soon.  As soon as I get the yard under control with the garden and flowers and such.  Then I can concentrate on the inside for a while.  I need to scrub the walls and get rid of the mildew and scrape paint and we have to start using the fan when we shower in order to keep the mildew down.  Then Tom and Zach can paint it and put down a new floor.  Later this summer I intend to paint Zach's room as well.  And next summer I'm going to do something with the living room and my bedroom.  I may decide to get a new sofa couch and turn my bedroom back into a living room so we're not so cramped.  Although it's nice having my own room and I may not be able to give that up.  But at the least I'll need a new bed.  I've got two mattress pads and a foam sheet on my bed and I can still feel the coils occasionally.

I'm also making progress on the pinwheel blanket.  It's a bit fun using three circular needles to knit in the round.  Fairly mindless except on the rows I have to add a yarnover.  Then I forget and have to tink back a few stitches.  I'll probably need one more skein of SuperSaver so it's big enough for a child to use instead of an infant.

And I accomplished only a few rows on the other baby blanket because I went to bed early last night.  Around 9 pm. early.  I kept waking up and at times I was so awake I thought about getting up and knitting but I forced myself to stay in bed with the tv off and try to sleep.  I eventually made it back to sleep only to wake up again a couple of hours later.  This went on all night until I finally got up at 9:30 a.m. and decided to stay up.  I could have slept for a few more hours to be truthful.  As a result, I'm not dragging today, which makes me feel like the fatigue is more related to my sleep patterns than to my fibromyalgia or diabetes.  I just didn't have any motivation to do anything much today.  But I could have.  I think I wanted to enjoy a deliberate day off rather than having so many days off because I couldn't function.  I think I'm going to take one of Tom's herbal sleeping meds tonight so I can get back to sleep and try to get some kind of normal routine going here.  Because after 12+ hours of sleep I'm not sure I'll be able to get back to sleep tonight on my own.

Well, it's time to fix supper.  Salmon patties and scalloped potatoes, I think.  Something simple to make anyway and then I'm off to bed again.  I actually feel like I could go back to sleep now but I'm sure by night time I won't be a bit sleepy.

TTFN

No comments: