Friday, June 10, 2011

Baby steps

Maybe I hit rock bottom and the only direction left is up because I've had a good few days.  I admit I did wimp out a bit the day after rearranging two rooms and deleting another, but I still managed to get things done instead of falling into bed and staying there as I would have done in the past.  Last night was a bit miserable because of the pain.  It was the first time I took 4 tramadol over the course of the night, in addition to the ibuprofen.  But the dr gives me enough that I can do the occasional 4 tramadol night, if I need it.

I broke down and took another tramadol early afternoon because I was still hurting and the pain went away so I was able to tackle Zach's room.  We put an area rug down on his floor, which meant moving a couple of pieces of furniture, but it wasn't too bad and I'm not hurting now.  I took some ibuprofen earlier.  I kept up with what had already been cleaned and fixed supper of chicken breasts and rice a roni while going online, because I didn't make it online today until after 8 p.m.  I might make that the norm from now on.  Only go on while cooking supper.  I got so much done, including two loads of laundry.  Well, almost.  I have to get them out of the dryer.

The neighbor mowed on the property line today, bless his heart.  Now if I can just get his friends to stop parking their honking big trucks in front of the fire hydrant.  Not going to call the police though.  I'm just amazed how often they do it and how they never get caught.  We're not talking about a few minutes. He parked there yesterday afternoon and didn't leave until after 6:30 a.m. this morning.  I know he was there this morning because Professor needed to go out urgently and the truck was still there.  But I don't call the police on neighbors.  It starts a feud that never ends. 

So now we have to mow as both neighbors have done theirs and we look like an abandoned house next to their freshly mowed lawns.  We're hoping to get some things planted on the side hill tomorrow as well.  The echinacea and some columbine my mother sent me.  I have some caladium I'd like to plant on the north-western side.  It gets very little sun and we removed a shrub from there (and the stump is still there after 10 years)  This will hide it.  It will also hide the rat bastard chipmunks that loiter outside our living room window and torment Professor.  I saw three of them at the neighbor's house yesterday.  I didn't tell Professor though

I went ahead and bought a new desk chair because I know Tom will fall asleep on the couch this weekend and I don't have a comfy chair to sit on while he sleeps.  Dining room chairs kill my back.  This one was on sale and much cheaper than I anticipated so I got it.  Zach put it together while I cooked supper and did laundry.  Much nicer than a hard chair.

Well, I'm making progress on the curtain.  About halfway, I think, which means I'll need a bit more yarn to finish it.  Not a problem as SuperSaver yarn is inexpensive.  I've also decided to knit up a blue version of it for the bathroom.  We're redoing that room this summer with blues, off-white and taupe to match the shower curtain I'm too cheap to replace.  I have plenty of blue skeins of Vanna's Choice yarn I can use up.  See?  I'm working from my stash again.  I'll probably start it pretty soon as I hope to have the bathroom finished up by the middle of July.  I hope.

I might pick up the pinwheel blanket tomorrow before I go batty from knitting monogamy.  I'm must not meant to be faithful to one project all the time.  It's unfair to expect me to be.  I also would like to work on the sport-weight baby blanket as that huge skein of yarn I got yesterday is seducing me with it's lovely orange and white goodness.

So, the dishwasher just quit, the dryer stopped and I'm ready to shut down for the night.

TTFN

No comments: