Thursday, June 23, 2011

Getting back in the swing of things

I think this is going to be the last rainy day for a while.  I wouldn't mind so much as the air smells so good and it's nice and cool.  Cool enough that I'm wearing sweats, in fact.  But I have to get my garden in this week and this is seriously delaying it.  As it is, I'm only going to plant the tomatoes, green peppers, tobacco and sunflowers.  And maybe some lettuce.  I don't have time for anything else.  Plus I need to get my flowers in the ground as well.  Darned rain and darned fatigue!

I did do a lot of knitting this morning in between laundry and kitchen cleaning.  I need to vacuum the living room and dining room tonight as well as fold clothes but I think I have the energy for that.  Just.  I had to rip back on the shell that I was knitting myself because I was one stitch short.  Not sure how that happened because the ribbing count was correct, so I only had to rip back to the ribbing and start from there.  Fortunately it's mind-numbing stockinette in the round (because why seam if you don't have to) so I could do this in my sleep.  Which is why I probably had one stitch too few.

Hannibal is being contrary about his new diet but finally ate what was sitting out.  Because I refused to offer him any other options.  He might lose a few pounds at first but hopefully once the lining of his intestines heals up, he'll be absorbing the nutrients in the food better and won't need to eat as much.  As it is, he's not as frantic as he was last week.  I still have to force the de-wormer down his throat.  Later tonight for sure.

I had laid out some hamburger for pizza casserole tonight only to find out I had thawed out pork chops.  I didn't know I had any in the freezer.  I'm thawing the hamburger as I cook it, which doesn't really matter as it's crumbled up anyway, once it's cooked.  We'll just have the pork chops tomorrow night.

Professor must still be losing weight.  He jumped up on the couch today instead of going for the ottoman first.  Without that extra weight he can use those wee legs for jumping now.  I was thinking about how much more room I would have had in my bedroom without his steps to get up on the bed, but it's no good going there.  I'm doing fine not having a bedroom anymore.  It's such a pain to make up the couch every morning and night but it's even nicer to have a real living room again.  Tom comes in and watches tv with me on the weekends.  We've started watching Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole.  It's a really good show and what's not to love about Morgan Freeman? I've got it on dvr for us to watch this weekend.  Plus all the other documentaries I like to watch.  Plus I've got the podcasts to listen to if it's not one I care for. 

I also found a show I'm head over heels in love with:  Oddities.  I hadn't seen it before and Tom was watching it a couple of weekends ago and I got hooked.  I dvr every episode of it now.  It's amazing how my tastes are all over the map.  Tom said it was better than those Pawn shop shows he watches on the History Channel.  I can't seem to sit down and watch a show without knitting though.  I get so bored so easily.  Mostly I just watch all this tv so I can get my knitting done.

So far today I've only worked on the feather and fan baby blanket and the shell.  I might swap out and work on the pinwheel blanket and curtain tomorrow and keep a schedule like that so I don't get bored with what I'm knitting.  Zach has asked for a sweater for the fall in green.  There is some new yarn in at StuffMart, Bernat acrylic worsted yarn and the colors are so lovely.  The green is almost a jewel-toned and absolutely beautiful.  I just need to find a pattern.  And the time.  With him working (keeping fingers crossed for a job to come up very soon) he'll need more of a wardrobe.  He's got two pair of khaki trousers and 7 polo style shirts.  If they require shirt and tie, we'll have to do more shopping because all he's got is his suit and it's too small, but I hope this is good enough.

Well, I've got to get the clothes out of the dryer and fold them and vacuum while the hamburger is cooking.  As late as it is, I'm thinking sloppy joes instead of pizza casserole.  I don't want to eat at 8 p.m.  Now that I've got my second wind, I need to take advantage of it.

TTFN


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ODDITIES! We are going into NYC in the Fall and making a trip to the Village to visit the shop. I think my son is more excited about it than us.

Kathy said...

I'm so jealous! Be sure to put a picture on your blog so I can drool over it. I'm late to the party but they had a marathon today that I dvr'd so I'm going to be knitting and watching Oddities all night.