Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On the down side

I guess there are some levels of pain and fatigue you just can't work through and I'm learning the difference.  Yesterday, after a whopping 2 hours of sleep due to tummy troubles, I could not force myself to do anything beyond the most necessary jobs...like meals, making up the bed, etc.  I did manage to knit a bit while resting on the couch all day, but that was all I managed.

Today wasn't a lot better in spite of 12 hours of sleep...not uninterrupted though.  And strange dreams that involved moving from one house to another so the dream consisted mostly of the tedium of packing stuff up.  I was a bit tired waking up from that one.  Another dream involved riding a bicycle on a bike path that led through a tavern and up the stairs into someone's home, while the owner barricaded the door and wouldn't let me continue on the path.  And an abrupt wake up with Tom chasing Professor into the living room and the dog landing with a plop on my boob.  He may be a small dog but a leap onto my breast is still pretty painful.

I didn't wake up refreshed by any means.  And the rototiller was in at the store so we went to pick it up.  Fitting it into the trunk was an exercise in patience and creativity, too.  But it's there and I'm not taking it out.  Tom can get it out tomorrow morning.

So supper tonight is hot dogs, baked beans and sauerkraut because I'm still stinking tired and hurting and not doing anymore work tonight.

The curtain will be done very soon as I only have a couple of rows left to knit and then sew the casing down.  Then I think I'll work on the blankets for a while before starting the bathroom curtain.  I need something different to knit for a while.  I'd also like to figure out the camera soon so I can start taking pictures of my garden and various projects.  Zach and I can't seem to find that same moment when we're both ready for it.

Hannibal has an appointment at the vet's tomorrow to find out why he weighs so little when he eats 3-4 packages of cat food a day.  I suspect his thyroid because Pearl had that problem at around this age.  He's eleven.  She hung around for another 6 years on medication so maybe we'll get more life out of Hannibal, too.

Hopefully I'll get my tomatoes in the ground tomorrow.  They're falling over in the seed tray because they're so tall.  I suspect they'll develop blooms very soon after planting.  I've decided against planting corn as it takes up a lot of space and I'd rather have green beans instead.  And sunflowers.

I think I'll take a short nap before fixing supper.  I took three naps yesterday and still got to be fairly early (and slept 12 hours.)  I really need to work on raising my energy levels somehow.  I know I need to lose weight but as diets only make me gain in the long run, not sure what I'm going to do.  Except for now, I'm going to take a nap.

TTFN


No comments: