Monday, June 6, 2011

Taking a break in this heat

On days like this I regret not having air conditioning.  Of course, when I get my electric bill, I'm glad I don't, but today has been miserable.  We don't normally get temps in the 90s until August with a rare day in July that might.  But June????  I can't remember it happening before.  We're barely out of coats at this time.  And so I'm not acclimated to spring temps yet, let alone summer temps. 

So I've gotten nothing done except picking up a prescription at the store.  I admit we lingered in a fast food place drinking sodas because it was too hot at home.  I had the fans on for the pets, but we'll all have to tough it out for a few more days.  And Wednesday is looking at record highs, near 100.  So don't expect a lot from me in the next few days.  I'll be back to blogging on Thursday when I'll have something to record aside from I was sprawled out on the bed in front of two fans, drinking ice water and sweating like a pig.  By Thursday I'll be back to working in the yard, gardening and such, plus knitting.  I can't bear to touch the yarn right now.  I might dig out my cotton and work on some dishcloths.  I could use some more.

In the meantime, I intend to stay offline most of the time as well, to keep the computer from heating up the living room.  I'm getting sick of reading the news anyway.

So...I'll see you all on the other side.

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No A.C.? Oy vay. I'm like dairy, I need refrigeration.

Keep cool my friend. Maybe a window unit in the bedroom?

Kathy said...

We have a wall unit that died a few years ago but we only used it once or twice a year. Normally we get a lovely breeze and don't need it. This is so unseasonable. We have a window unit for Tom's bedroom upstairs where it's suffocating during the day but as he's at work most of the time, he won't use it. If I thought this was going to last, I would bring it down and put it in Zach's room as it's only a small unit and his room has the worst ventilation, but it's only for 2 more days so I'm reluctant to hook it up yet.

Actually I'm not that used to a/c and prefer not to use it. If I had it I would never go outside. this way I go out more because it's cooler out there in the evening.