Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

I hope everyone is enjoying this weekend. 

We woke up early yesterday and mowed the yard before the big storm hit.  Still waiting for a big storm to hit as all we got was a little thunder in the distance and some light rain.  Happy to have the yard done though.  I need to find a tiller to get the garden ready.  My tomatoes are outgrowing their little green house on the rack in front of the window.  So are the tobacco plants.  I still have time on the peppers since I had to re-plant those.  I just wish I had the energy to get it done.  I've been napping most of the day.

It's really hot today...near 90, I believe although it's very windy.  I've been napping in front of my fan because the wind that's coming in through the window is hot.  The sun will go down in a few hours and then the wind will cool off a bit.  I've got the window fan in my north window, which puts it right next to my bed.  And I mean right next to it.  Fortunately it's got a thermostat in it so if it gets too cool at night it will shut off.  I put it there because that side is in the shade most of the time and because the pets can lie on the bed in front of it.

Not sure what to do for supper.  Tom brought home nearly all the food he took up, including 5 pounds of hamburger.  I had bought 5 pounds for us so we're good for a few weeks.  I"m thinking sloppy joes tonight and some chips.  We have a lot of chips.  And hamburger buns.  Plus it's too hot to do much in the kitchen.  I don't have the screens in the kitchen and bathroom yet.  I'll work on that tomorrow.

I'm making a lot of progress on the curtain for the front door.  I'm more than halfway there and as it's lightweight, I don't think there will be much sag from the weight of it.  But it's hot on my legs and trying to knit while holding it away from my skin is awkward.  I could work on the pinwheel baby blanket as it's not long enough to drape just yet.  Or the two color baby blanket that is made from sport baby yarn and very lightweight. 

I should go start supper now and then spend the evening watching movies and knitting.  I'm on disk 3 of the last season of Farscape, making my way to the interviews and behind the scenes stuff before checking The Peacekeepers Wars from the library.  I don't own that yet.  Since I just spent money on new bras and a prosthesis I'll hold off on that for a couple of months.

Hopefully I'll get some pictures of things added to my blog from now on.  Zach is going to sit down with me and show me how to use the new camera.  I also need to decide what I'm going to do with my other blog.  I'd like to keep it but make some changes on how I interpret it.  I'd like to make some changes to this one as well, but not so drastic.  Just make it more interesting and more about my crafting and less whining about how I don't feel good all the time.  In the meantime, though, I'm going to go about business as usual.  Drastic changes never work for me.

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not big on "drastic change" either, but that's usually how I roll naturally. Hot/cold, black/white, all or nothing.

Quite exhausting.

I look forward to see what your changes are, I love when people change their blogs around.

Kathy said...

I know what you mean. I have to completely rearrange my whole house once or twice a year which drives my husband crazy. It's a way to start fresh, I guess. Same with my blogs.

I hope I can come up with some ideas for change. My inability to commit to anything interferes with my need for change. I'm such a contradiction. LOL