Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A day off for good behavior...and sore muscles

I don't feel the least bit bad that I got very little done today.  I did what needed to be done and might still get a few more things done, but my aching body needed rest, was screaming for rest and since the city workers started using their heavy equipment at the crack of mid-morning, my body needed a nap.  I got the garden watered, using the water drippage from the shower first.  I needed a lot more so I had to use the hose, but every little bit helps.  Then I got the solar lights up so when Tom takes Professor on his midnight run around the house, he'll see the garden and the boards I'm using to separate the prairie garden out.

I need to do laundry so I might wash a load and stick it in the dryer.  If it's not raining tomorrow, we'll take care of the morning glories and trellises and try to get some inside work done.  If it's raining, I'll do laundry, clean indoors and knit to my heart's content while catching up on dvr stuff.  My percentage is getting high again.  I'm in the 60% now and I like to keep it under 50%.

I beat the birds to the cherries this year.  For some reason we have almost no foliage this year so I could see the cherries ripen easily.  Unfortunately, it's a dwarf tree and still a toddler so we only got about a cup of cherries.  Not sure what I can make out of that.  Maybe some cherry muffins.  It does look like we'll get plenty of grapes this year though.

I stayed up way too late last night because I thought it was earlier than it really was.  I noticed the cable menu claiming it was nearly 3 a.m. but my clock said 12:45 a.m which was probably not intelligent on my part since Tom had already gotten home, ran Professor around the house, eaten his supper and gone to bed.  And he doesn't get home until after 1 a.m.  Then the city workers were working on a sidewalk a few houses down and had parked their dump truck in front of our house, which pissed Professor off.  So he was barking and pacing.  Between his noise and the heavy machinery I couldn't sleep anyway so I got up.  But I've been fighting sleep all day, finally falling asleep at the computer for about 15 minutes.  Not great on the neck, by the way.

So I'm getting ready to fix supper.  Nothing great...Hamburger Helper because I'm feeling very unimaginative today.  Not to mention the fatigue.  I'll probably make up the bed much earlier tonight and just go to bed when I fall asleep instead of waiting up for Tom.  I don't care if I wake up when he comes home and end up awake all night.  Lack of sleep makes a person miserable.

I'm hoping to get more done tomorrow but I did enjoy not working today.

TTFN

No comments: