Saturday, October 6, 2007

Proud mama


First, the shawl. I took it outside on the railing and then decided the autumnal colors would look good among the leaves. And it does. You can see the color changes now. I'm really pleased with the way it came out.


While I was putting the fringe on I got a phone call from my elderly neighbor. My first thought was that she needed something. We've told her to contact us any time. But she didn't need us this time. She wanted to know if I wanted a copy of Zach's picture. His picture? How did she get his picture? Then it hit me. The newspaper article. I was amazed. I thought for sure it wouldn't be in until next week if at all.

So go here if you want to read it. She got it right but I wasn't as clear as I could be on one thing. My fault entirely. Still...it was on the front page, above the fold. Woohoo! The link will only be good for a short while (maybe a week?) so if anyone reads this after that and wants to know what it says, just email me and I'll send a copy. I can't print it on the blog because of copyright laws, of course.

Much knitting to do before Tom gets home from vacation, killing fishes and male bonding. And I'm pretty sure lots of poker.

TTFN

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love the colors of the shawl!

Great article! It is great to have homeschooling shown in a postive light. Congratulations!

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Love the shawl. was it knit with LB Homespun, Prairie colorway? We did a group one for an ailing church member this year and yours looks identical. Or, was it more expensive yarn?

Kathy said...

Thanks. Yes, I knit it with LB Homespun in Prairie colorway. I love it and will work with LB Homespun again. I think the next one might be a lapghan for one of the elderly men in our church.

Why should women get all the love? :-)