Monday, October 1, 2007

Nuttin' but the knittin'

This is turning out gorgeous but the picture doesn't do it justice. Once I got into it the Homespun really worked for me. I love the subtle color gradations and it's definitely soft enough to lie against aging skin without irritating. I got another 12 inches knitted while waiting for Zach tonight. Only problem is this might take 4 skeins to get as long as I want it. Definitely more than 2.

Didn't work on the Stor Rund Dug today but I had to take a picture of it. When I get to the insidious round 62, I plan to shut down all diversions, take myself off to isolation and work it out stitch by stitch. Once past that round, I should be okay.



Now, as for Ravelry. I've had a chance to look at it further and find it to be a very nice resource. I wasn't waiting breathlessly for my invitation, in part because I'm not much of an organizer and I really doubt if I put very many pictures on it. I would rather focus on my blog. I'm finding a wonderful community here in blogland and I like it!


I'm really glad it exists, however, and do appreciate a resource that has pictures of in-work and finished projects and message boards with like-minded interests. I will definitely use it, but I just don't see it being my main resource.

Okay, I lied. This has nuttin' to do with knittin'. But it's hysterically funny so I just had to add it. It's my favorite line from Monty Python. Hands down.


I love this site.

No comments: