Thursday, October 25, 2007

Casa de Cranky

I'm thinking of changing our last name to Cranky since everyone here is. Not because there is no television but because everyone seems to be coming down with a cold at the same time. And as the mom I never get to go to bed and just get better.

Sigh.

I've not gotten a lot of sleep the past couple of nights because of stopped up head/scratchy throat/runny nose stuff. My sister is coming up this weekend so tomorrow I have to make the house presentable (I'm not even trying for clean this time) get groceries, hit the library for my weekly fix of dvds and audiobooks.

Cranky.

But here are the belated WIPs

First...the fake one. It's a lovely shade of pink like the picture shows. I have't stuffed it yet because the fiberfill is upstairs and I'm cranky and don't want to walk up there and the rock that goes in it (so it "hangs" like the real one does) is downstairs and I'll get it when I get the load of clothes out of the dryer. Sometime this month....but definitely before the end of the year.



The Slytherin Crest Bag by Quietish is coming along but it's rippling despite having long strands. From what I read this is the nature of checkerboard. I hope it flattens out when I finish it.



I do not like this sock. It looks like camouflage to me. But it is wool and it is warm so if Peg doesn't want it, I will wear it.
But I'm not enjoying the knitting like I did the Monkeys and the Jays.


Stor Rund Dug, the worsted version. This I like very much but I had to bind off at 101 rounds because I didn't have any more room on the needles. I wasn't going to buy new needles or work with three circs so I'm finishing it off with crocheted edges. Right now, just double crochet and will end it with loops of some sort.

I started a bonnet and booties last night at 5 a.m. when I couldn't sleep. It's a 20 year old pattern so I don't know what book it used to be in. I think my sister tore it out of one of her magazines and gave it to me. Not a knitting mag though. Still, it's a fun knit so far. Very easy pattern to memorize. Heck, one of the lines is illegible now and I figured it out just by looking at the pattern. Although it says you should be an experienced knitter.

Hah!

This is a fun blog, Green as a Thistle. This reporter from, I think, Toronto, has pledged to do one new green thing every day for a year. Some of this stuff is over the top but it's still a very good read. I like looking for new and innovative things to do to a) save money and b) be a good steward of the earth God gave us.

But no way am I unplugging the stove and fridge. Nuh uh.

TTFN

1 comment:

Cookie said...

It's the curse of the full moon.

Feel better!