Friday, October 26, 2007

No knitting but lots of sneezing

How come when everyone else gets sick they see it as an opportunity to snuggle into bed and do lots of knitting. When I get sick I hate everything, even...dare I say it...knitting. I do not go gently into that good night. My bottom lip sticks out and I whine. I crab because there's nothing to do even though I finally have the time to do it. (Okay maybe not today because I had errands to run and get stuff for Tom to take up north on his ('nuther) mini-vacation.

'Scuse me.

Sneezed again.

I want pizza. And yes the diet has had some rough times this week. Nothing irreversible though and nothing drastic. Just maybe a few extra calories here and there. But not yonder. (Maybe that's a redneck thing, I don't know.) I digress. I want pizza but I won't eat pizza because 1) I don't have any here and don't feel like dragging my red nose out to StuffMart in the middle of the night and 2) it would take too long to make if from scratch during which time I would fall asleep and wake up to the smoke alarm going off as I burn the pizza.

So no pizza. I had a bowl of store brand rice chex instead. One cup of cereal and 1/2 cup of fat free milk.

I hate being a good girl.

My sister will be here tomorrow so I will try to work on the round purple thing (I don't feel like looking up the link or even remember what the blamed thing is called) tonight because I won't be able to work on it while she's here since her granddaughter will be the recipient of it come Christmas and she's coming with Peg.

I bought an antenna today. Those table top things that look like rabbit ears of old except they plug in and supposedly deliver more boost to the signal. HA! Not that I care. I didn't really miss television anyway but thought that Tom did. I managed to get three very fuzzy stations and Tom got up and walked away leaving the station on and the background noise got me very irritated and I may have said a word or two that can't be repeated here. I said may. So I packed it back in the box and will return it tomorrow.

I really do like not having network/cable television but I do like watching what I want when I want. I got Monarch of the Glen from the library today along with Northanger Abbey, which I have never seen, and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn on audiobook. One of my favorite all time books. When I'm not quite so cranky again, I will curl up on the couch and watch my shows while knitting happily or (here's a thought) spinning again. I really need to get back to that.

Cookie says it's the full moon. Cranky is in the air and we must endure. But I can't get to her blog because typepad is refusing to let me open up any of their blogs so I think I'm going to go outside and flip off the moon.

'Scuse me.

Sneezed again. Twice.

Aw, heck. I'm going to bed.

TTFN

No comments: