Thursday, October 11, 2007

Is it only Thursday?

It was a beautiful day but I was gone for most of it. Errands and such. I kept running into people I knew from my old church today. Them, I missed. The old church, not so much. But lest I run on and seethe about things that don't belong on this blog, I will shut up.


The Slytherin Crest Bag. I like it but in spite of allowing a lot of carry, it's still puckering. But when I flatten it out there is plenty of room and it shouldn't be doing this. I've even gone overboard on how much slack I'm giving and it doesn't make any difference. I need to research this but I suspect that if I were using wool it would block out just fine. Dang acrylic.




Still...it will look good when I'm done. Except I just noticed a mistake in it and I'm anal a perfectionist enough that I have to go back and fix it. Dang.


The Stor Rund Dug picture didn't come out very well. I'll take it outside tomorrow and get a better shot. I ended up working on it last night and got quite a ways. It was hard to put it down in order to go to sleep. I just wanted to work on it.



I don't think it will look right until it's off the needles and flattened out a bit (since acrylic doesn't block.) Then it will look smashing.

Making progress on the socks and The Half-Blood Prince. I have Interview with a Vampire waiting for me when I finish Harry Potter. And the first season of Bones for tonight.

My sister and I were having a discussion on how little we needed to live a comfortable life. I said I would be okay without cable tv since the library has such an excellent selection of tv shows on dvd, audio books and of course, print media. I get my news through the internet mostly because I can't stand the sound bites on tv news, not to mention they get a story and beat it to death for months sometimes. She said she would need ESPN because she's a huge sports fan, particularly the Indiana teams.

I said I would be happy (if I were alone) living in a room or an RV or something. Maybe a studio apt as long as I had adequate storage for my stash. She felt the same way except she needed room for her books (she's a minister.) If I lived within walking or biking distance, I wouldn't need a car except for those horrendous days when you couldn't go out otherwise. I hate phones so if I could live without one, I would be happy, except to call my parents once a week so a cell phone would work for that.

I know it still sounds like a lot in the scheme of things, especially when you consider what some people don't have. I guess I do have a lot and don't appreciate it. To tell you the truth, though, I would love to get rid of a lot of what I've got but Tom won't let me.

Except my stash. That I need.

TTFN

No comments: