Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hannibal thinks this is all about him

But it's not. Although...isn't he handsome? Hannibal is Zach's cat but the bad boy likes to spread the love around. He has always slept in my arms at night, like a baby would. I thought it was his turn to have his picture in the blog. He poses for pictures just like Professor does. And just like Professor, he needs to be in my arms when I'm trying to blog or knit.



Windy and cold today. I love it. I was all set to knit and sit while listening to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince while waiting for Zach to get out of math class. This was my view. Yes, it was that dark and gloomy but more gray than green.


This is the view inside the car. Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of yourself knitting? Dang near impossible. Okay it is impossible. I ended up stabbing myself with the needle which got pulled out of the stitches when I jumped from surprise and pain. And it being a sock...and it being dusk and overcast...finding those stitches and picking them up again was loads of fun. I did turn the map light on for the duration of the pickup game. Mostly though the security light in the parking lot is fine. (Note the needle poking into my thigh. Seconds later it was actually penetrating my thigh and the camera and sock went in two different directions.)



I must be the weirdest person because I really like knitting in the car while waiting for Zach.

I had a wonderful encounter with Stor Rund Dug today. I got past round 64!!! It's really looking good now. This is the fourth try but this time it's in Iris and not Soft Pink. Obviously that was the problem and not the knitter. (Just agree with me...you'll feel better.) It's really looking good and if I have the lighting tomorrow I'll get a picture.

And maybe a picture of the last cast-on project that I haven't named yet. Maybe.

I've got the sleeves attached to the body of Jesse's Flames. I need to pick up the collar and knit it then sew up the side seams and he's done. But it being black, I need extra good light for that so I'll wait until tomorrow when the sun is shining (and the birds are singing and the frogs are hopping merrily.)

I'm knitting the heel flap on the second Jaywalker. Already I'm planning the next pair and changing my mind a dozen times. I need to work on the green socks but can't make up my mind what they want to be. Something that accents the self-striping but doesn't let the striping overtake the pattern. Any suggestions?


I've been having a low period in my knitting lately. I've been productive, but I haven't felt the joy. However...I've got my mojo back now and I'm in love again with everything I'm working on. Now my problem is I want to work on everything at once.

Off to bed early tonight. These three hour nights are catching up with me. Insomnia is a bear.

TTFN


1 comment:

Cookie said...

He's lovely!

I'd go with something very simple for that Opal as I think the yarn will take over whatever pattern you use.

I'm glad you've refound the knitting love.