Sunday, October 28, 2007

No, that's not a bald spot


This is what it looks like when I sit down to read blogs or surf the internet. The big Kahuna...aka Professor...(who is the boss of me if I haven't already mentioned it a hundred times) has to sit on my shoulder. When my sister was visiting this weekend he had to sit in my arms...not my lap...in my arms like a baby.

Nope...not spoiled a bit.

And that's just the light reflecting on the back of my head. My hair isn't very thin there. It's thin in the front. It didn't make a huge comeback after chemo.

I didn't knit that sweater that Professor is wearing in the picture. I got it on sale at StuffMart last year but I will be knitting a nifty new sweater soon. As soon as I finish (or, to be more precise start and finish) Calorimetry. I need a hat to wear here at home that doesn't flatten my hair (no that's not a bald spot.) My hair is thin, I'll grant you and my widdle ears get cold so I need a hat to wear during the day and maybe at night, too. I might need more of a cap for sleeping though.

Peg loves the socks so I will love them as well. I'm so fickle. Love, not love. Hate, not hate. Just tell me how to feel about socks and I will.

The baby bonnet I started a couple of days ago is going to be pretty thick and warm so I'm thinking of giving it to the food pantry* here instead of the Haiti project. It's mountainous there but I'm thinking it's not that cold. It does get mighty cold here, however. They keep asking for knitted/crocheted blankets but I'm not fond of knitting plain, ordinary blankets. Boring. Maybe a log cabin blanket but even that doesn't appeal to me right now.

*(Things to think about donating to a food pantry are hygiene items. People have basic needs other than food. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc. I like to knit baby sweaters and socks and hats and things so that a baby can have at least one new thing. Just a PSA. And just my opinion.)

I'm almost done with Shae's Stor Rund Dug, the worsted version. I did a couple of rounds of double crochet, increasing evenly and now am making a bit of a ripple effect. I'm on the last round, I think. I don't think I will make crochet loops around. I think the ripple will make a nice edging. And it doesn't compete with the knitted lace design in the pattern portion of it. When it's done it will make a nice lap blanket but not one to sleep under.

I should get more done on the Opal socks, the baby bonnet and start Calorimetry tonight. I'll work on the Slytherin Crest bag tomorrow. I should be ready to line it by next weekend.

Did I mention I caved and kept the antenna? I figured out how to get more channels and while none of the network channels are clear, I can get PBS tolerably and listen to the news daily. There are a couple of Christian stations that are crystal clear and while TBN isn't my cuppa, Familynet has a knitting show on Monday afternoons...Shay someone or other, and lots of old, old shows from the fifties. Like the Loretta Young theater. That I think I will enjoy.

Off to knit and watch some dvds.

And no, that's not a bald spot. I told you it's the light reflecting off of my hair. I'm just sayin'.

TTFN

2 comments:

Angie said...

No, I don't see any spoiled creatures, no I'm sure I don't. :-) Good reminder about the personal items--I usually think of food and not the other necessary items. It's getting cold here in Wisconsin this week. You better get to work on some hats and a new sweater for Professor. :-D

Cookie said...

That dog needs a hat. Just sayin'...

You'll like Calorimetry. It's a fun knit and if you're lucky will cover your whole head.