Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I think we've had the last warm day of the year

No more school on Tuesdays! Only 2 Monday classes to go and I'm free! Aside from driving Zach to interviews and to put in job applications. We bought him a pair of nice khakis today so he will look good for those interviews.

As I suspected, Tom isn't as content with my plan as he appeared. He is apparently looking for some home business for me to do, ostensibly to support me should anything happen to him. I stood up to him today, however, and told him that he never asks me what I want to do; he just looks for some "business" that involves me doing all the work in a field I have no interest in and after putting out a small fortune for the "business plan." Not to mention he had plans for both Zach and Stephen to take part in the business without consulting them either. I told him to stop it and to let me decide on my own what I would be doing as far as creating my own business. But I really doubt he heard me. I've told him to stop it before.

So I'm a bit cheesed right now and trying hard to be positive since that is better than negative.

I did find a website that has a list of some authors who write about village life in England and our library has quite a few of them so I should be set for at least a year. So that is a positive thing.

I should have pegged out some clothes today as it was so nice but didn't even think about it until after Zach's teacher called to cancel class tonight. By then it was nearly sunset so we went to the library and did the shopping instead. I might hang them out tonight and see if they can get at least a bit dry before tomorrow night. We're looking at some occasional snow showers on Thursday. Which might translate to rain for all I know.

I dropped off a load at the thrift store on our way to the library. I hope to do that weekly. I'm picky about what I send there because they don't need trash so what doesn't go there will go in the trash here. I'm discouraged with freecycle as people don't seem to want old things. They want pristine stuff. Kind of defeats the purpose of the group.

I have chili on the stove cooking for supper. I love one pot meals. Since I have no place to go the rest of the week, I plan on doing some cooking and baking so I can freeze stuff for those situations I can't be home to cook. Plus I want to make up some snacks that are healthier than I've been eating. Time to really work on that.

I bought another foam pad for my bed to see if that will help me sleep better. When I'm having pain, I can feel each spring in the mattress in spite of the pad I've got on there already. And it's hard to sleep when you can't find a comfortable position. This means stripping down the bed and remaking it but I'm up for that.

I got Star Trek, DS-9, season 2 from the library today. I have other dvds on order but I hope they space themselves out and I don't end up with 4 television series to watch in a 2 week period. That has happened to me before. I couldn't finish them and had to send them back and go to the back of the list again.

Well, off for chili, crackers and ice cold milk for supper.

TTFN

No comments: