Monday, November 30, 2009

Three weeks of school left...darn

I just found out tonight that Zach has three weeks of school left instead of two. Bummer. Still..I'm in sight of the finish line. His online class for next semester is free but he has to buy the very expensive software and just complete it and then he's done. We're going to buy him some khakis to do his job hunting in. He's got jeans and a suit...nothing in between.

Tom got home last night with no venison. Only one member of the deer camp shot anything and he took it home with him. They used to share out whatever anyone shot but with so little luck the past few years, they've been just taking home their own game. He thinks this might be the last year for that deer camp. Hardly anyone showed up this year.

He was really depressed when he got home but happy with the changes I made and apparently okay with my future plans. It's hard to gauge him but I'll proceed as I intend to and see what happens.

I took the back road home from Fond du Lac tonight so we could see some Christmas lights and in Byron there is a bar that is wildly lit up. So much fun. I'm going that way tomorrow night so we can see it again.

Had trouble sleeping last night. I ended up awake at 4 a.m. waiting so I could take another pain pill. I took it about an hour too early and it was my third for the day. I try to keep it at 3 although if I am in really bad pain, the dr has no problem with me taking 2 at a time...just no more than 3 a day. This is why my plans for the future have me staying at home. I can't work a job when I get so little sleep and when I am in so much pain. It will work out though. I have to believe that.

I cranked the heat up to 58F. I just can't do the 55 degree thing this year. We'll have to see how much damage this does to our bill. And while I didn't do as much winterizing as I would have liked, it still feels like my efforts so far have made a difference.

Well, off to finish up the Fletch mitt. When I said there wouldn't be any ripping back, the fates must have heard me because I had to rip back twice because of mistakes. Major mistakes. This should teach me to keep my mouth shut.

TTFN

No comments: