Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The night before the night before Christmas


Still feeling a bit off but functioning. I'm doing laundry right now and need to do up supper dishes and then Zach and I are going to watch both Madagascar movies while wrapping presents.

I think I'm ready for Christmas. Finally.

We're anticipating nasty weather tonight but it should be over in plenty of time for Christmas Eve services. Zach and I went in early (ish) to set up the altar and incense the sanctuary and nave. He plays thurifer while I get the altar ready. The priest asked me to set up the extra chalice and paten with extra hosts because we are usually packed for Christmas. I hope I got everything right. It's my first Christmas Eve service to set up.

I got my beaded scarf pinned and drying under the heat vent in the kitchen. It's not a great job of pinning but my back was hurting and I sort of rushed it. I want to wear it to church tomorrow night. It bled a lot when I rinsed it out. Fortunately I'm wearing black so it won't matter if it bleeds onto my shirt but when I have more time, I'll try to take care of that.

I really need to get back to being organized. I can barely find anything in the pantry because we just shove stuff in without regard to where it should be...or even if it should be upright. Tom will have to work next week after all so I'll have those days to get busy. I also need to start exercising, even though I don't want to call it that. I'm so badly out of shape. I'm sure my back is hurting because of all the weight I carry in my stomach.

Well, off to get another load of clothes out of the dryer. The house is so much warmer right now. I'm able to take my mitts and hood off. Ever since chemo (my hair didn't all come back in...its so thin) my head gets so cold in the winter. Two more loads to go and then wrapping presents. Then I'm off to bed to knit on the last sock. I decided to just go with the red and green striping on the last one instead of trying to incorporate blue into the pattern. It's so festive.

I don't know if I'll be posting tomorrow but I'll definitely try to post on Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: