Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A wake-up call

I saw the surgeon today and after he consulted with my oncologist, it looks like I'll be remaining on the aromasin for another 5 years. Apparently I'm at very high risk for a recurrence of the cancer and they feel that it would be more beneficial for me to stay on the medication.

Wow. I guess I got complacent, thinking that since I've made it this far, I've made it. Apparently I'm never going to be able to heave that sigh of relief.

This also means I need to get serious about losing weight as that increases my risk of recurrence. It seems like so much hinges on my weight. High cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer.

I'm a bit stunned by the revelation (although I think they already told me this five years ago) so I'm not too much in the mood to blog right now. There is nothing going on to write about anyway.

TTFN

1 comment:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

I'm sorry to hear that you need to continue with the Aromasin.

Just a question: have you any support groups for cancer survivors nearby?