Saturday, July 25, 2009

Days of whine and noses

I'm faithfully taking the echinacea and the cold medicine and I think I'm getting better. At least I didn't have the monster headache today that I had last night. I ended up with an ice pack on my head trying to alleviate the pain. Two ibuprofen and two tramadol didn't put a dent in it. I've been blowing my nose a lot and I hope it doesn't get sore and red before tomorrow.

I had altar guild today. I really enjoy setting up the altar and being in the empty church preparing for Sunday Eucharist. I don't know why, when I still struggle with my crisis of faith, but it does seem to ground me. In a good way.

I hung the clothes out on the line last night and just crossed my fingers that they would dry and I got lucky. It didn't rain and by the time I left for altar guild I had another load out and one in the dryer. When I got home, the skies were a bit cloudy but I thought it was worth a risk and even if they were only out for an hour that was that much less time they would have to dry on the rack. I nearly made it. I noticed it was getting very windy and dark so I ran out and got all the clothes in, just in time. The socks were the only things not dry so I hung them up on the rack.

But it stopped raining before I could even fold the clothes.

But at least the week's laundry is done.

I'm starting to feel crummy again with a return of the monster headache and coughing so I think I'll cut this short and just get ready for bed. I have to go to church tomorrow because of altar guild and we had planned to see Harry Potter afterward I don't want to cough all the way through the movie. And I'm sure the other patrons don't want to hear it either.

I'll see it before it leaves the theaters, I'm sure.

TTFN

No comments: