Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My mojo visited me today

I got quite a bit (for me) accomplished today. I decluttered the dining room quite a bit although it doesn't really look any different. I threw out one black garbage bag full of junk and another black garbage bag full of stuff for the thrift store. And it seriously doesn't look much different in here.

Well, maybe it looks cleaner since I swept up all the dust elephants. They were way too big to be bunnies.

I've got my annual appointment with the surgeon tomorrow so I won't get a lot done but I hope to get some outdoor work done and I'd love to tackle the kitchen and get rid of stuff. That one is harder because Tom wants to hang onto everything in there.

I made pizza tonight from scratch. I added garlic, minced onions and oregano to the dough while it was mixing in the bread machine. It turned out pretty good. I think I'll make some bread sticks later this week and add those ingredients.

I need to dig out my bin full of patterns out from under the couch-that-is-made-up-into-a-bed. I'm not sure how I'm going to reach it without pulling the bed away from the wall. I need some crochet patterns that are stashed in there. I want to crochet some baby blankets for the Haiti project and I'm sure I have some in there. I looked at the library but all I found were some tightly crocheted patterns and because this is Haiti, albeit the mountains in Haiti where it can get down into the low sixties, they don't need heavy blankets but light-weight, lacy ones would work.

Well, I'm beat. I woke up at 8:30 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep so I woke up and tackled the kitchen and then took a nap around noon for about 1 hour. I could fall into bed right now so I think I will.

TTFN

No comments: