Thursday, July 30, 2009

Give me just an hour of energy, please

This sinus infection just keeps hanging on. I stopped the echinacea because it was clearing up and I don't like to take meds beyond their need. Then the infection came back and I was down yesterday with the headache back, although not as fierce as it was initially. But it's the annoying, non-productive cough that is wearing me down. It interferes with my sleep...like that's a hard thing to do...and it's making my chest sore.

As a result I've gotten next to nothing done this week. Oh, the bare necessities (why does that make me think of a dancing bear?) but not much else.

I finished up the log cabin baby blanket last night and started a dishcloth blanket but I'm aching to get back to my stuff so I'm going to put the baby blankets aside and work on my feather and fan water shawl and socks and whatever else is in my bag that remains unfinished.

I also want to get busy reading. I've got something on the order of 8 books from the library and because of this stupid headache and vacuum-like feeling behind my eyes, I haven't been able to read much. Maybe this weekend I can get more done. I have a book due back next week that I've already renewed once so I must finish it at least.

At the very least I must get the mice cage cleaned out today. I invested in some pretty expensive herbal insect repellent because I can't seem to rid the mice of those little black specks that are causing them a great deal of annoyance. This is safe for pets so I'm hoping it won't harm the wee ladies.

I bought Professor a huge bone from the pet section. It's nearly as big as he is and he's been busy gnawing on it. I hope it will keep him busy in the middle of the night so he doesn't wake me up to feed him. You know how it is with those late-night snacks.

I'm hoping to catch up on the yard work tomorrow because Saturday I want to get caught up with the yard. I'm going to move the bird feeders and the bird bath to the front flower garden (that incidentally has absolutely no flowers in it) so I can watch them. I never see if birds are using the stuff in the back. In fact, I rarely see birds in the back yard at all. Near the back of the property in the thicket, yes, but not near the house. The front, however, is always full of the birds playing and chasing each other. I'll be able to watch all this from my bed. I just hope the pets in the window seat won't scare them off.

I also want to get some baking done Saturday. It's Lammas so I figure that's a good time to bake some bread and set a sour dough sponge. I don't think we're going to church on Sunday. I feel like a traitor because the priest won't be there and I like to support our church in her absence, but with the detour consisting mostly of unpaved and very uneven roads now and lack of sleep and energy and the cost of gas, I'm going to be selfish and not go. I can stay home and read and meditate. I think that will do me more good than getting up after no sleep and standing throughout Morning Prayer. I'm not good with being on my feet for an hour at a time. Something I'm sure I'll have to get used to when I finally get a job.

Well, time to get something done around here. I need to vacuum my room after I clean the mice cage and straighten up the rest of the house. I hate all this fatigue. I have so much I want to do.

TTFN

No comments: