Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So when is the next lunar eclipse?

I read something a bit ago about how lunar eclipses tend to intensify energy levels and apparently we had a small one last night. That would explain why I couldn't get to sleep last night in spite of only getting 3 hours sleep Sunday night. And how I got up at 8 a.m. (after only 4 hours sleep) to take Professor out to wee and I'm still going strong. I did three loads of laundry, hung one out and another one will be hung out when I get around to making a trip down to the basement again and another one I dried in the dryer since we needed Zach's work shirts and I didn't feel like ironing them today.

Okay, not tons of energy but for me this is like the after-effects of an energy drink.

I'm planning on crashing in a few minutes. Just like I've planned my nervous collapse after Zach graduates from college. I only plan on taking three days for it though because if I take more than that, all the work I won't get done while having my collapse will still be waiting for me and I don't want to get further behind than that.

I really should have gotten more done than I did today but I don't want to push it. If I do too much, I'll be down for a couple of days recovering. I have been a bit achy today but I didn't want to take a tramadol because I am sleepy enough as it is and I have to drive Zach to work in a little bit.

I have my annual appointment with the surgeon next week and my rheumatologist the week after that. She's rescheduled me twice due to family emergencies. I don't mind at all. She's a great doctor and has always been very professional. The nurse said she was going to forgo her vacation days in order to catch up with the patients who had to be rescheduled. I wish more doctors were like that.

I managed to knit on the beaded scarf, the socks and the feather and fan shawl last night before I finally turned the light off. I'm still not sure what I want to do with the crocheted purse so I'm just setting it aside for now. And the friendship/fire shawl just needs the ends tucked in and it will be done. I really like it and plan on crocheting another shawl soon.

I brought the watering can in this morning so I could empty the dishpan full of water into it. I'm completely out of rain water and while it might rain on Wednesday (they've been promising rain for weeks now) I can't count on it. I also have to start working on cutting our electric usage, too. The bill was higher than I liked and we're not using the air conditioner upstairs this year. I'm not sure where the usage is coming from but I'm going to be more vigilant. Zach has a bad habit of leaving his bedroom light and fans on when he leaves and since he keeps his door shut all the time, I don't see it in time to do something about it. Tom tends to turn things on and leave the room as well. I'm not sure why, but he frequently will turn the television on and then go upstairs and turn the tv on up there, too. But he doesn't come back down for hours. I've gotten to the point where I'll turn the tv or light or whatever he turns on, off when he goes upstairs.

I don't usually have the tv on at all during the day unless I'm sitting down to knit or crochet. Or draw (and I haven't done that it weeks...shame on me.) I like the silence. Well, not silence since we live on a major highway and have dogs in the neighborhood (not to mention Mr. Yappy who lives here.) And there are plenty of crows in the neighborhood. I heard a woodpecker this morning while I was hanging out the clothes. Early mornings and late evenings I can hear the song birds.

Well, I think I might lie down and sleep for a tiny bit before I have to take Zach to work. I hope they don't schedule him for next week because I have that appointment with the surgeon and I don't want to have to reschedule it.

TTFN




No comments: