Friday, July 10, 2009

Ramblin' Friday

They asked Zach to work tomorrow so he's going to do it because it's a six hour day. He normally only gets 2. And today the general manager went off on all the crew and threatened to hire more people to shorten their hours. I had told Zach a week ago that's what she was doing. I'm glad he's going to be out of there soon.

A pet peeve of mine: going into a public bathroom where there are 16 empty stalls only to have the next person come in and take the one immediately next to mine. Hello? Privacy anyone? I admit I'm a very private person when it comes to intimate things. But, really! Right next to me?

I want some rain. Enough to fill my rain barrel, water my plants and clean up some of the dust from the detour. My windows (and I'm a few blocks away from the construction) are dusty and since I'm not one to actually wash them, believing that's what rain is for, I'm a bit put out that I might actually have to wash them in order to see out.

Mr. Yappy has been fairly quiet today...until I decided to take a short nap before I took Zach to work. Then he decided to have his hysterics over a neighbor walking her dog two blocks down.

I got more books from the library today so I plan on reading a lot this weekend. I didn't knit much the past few days. Or watch much television. I'm about halfway through Master of Souls, another Sister Fidelma mystery. Just started Jesus, Interrupted by Bart Ehrman. I finished his other book, Misquoting Jesus, last night. I also read...mostly...Pagan Christianity by Frank Viola and George Barna. Loved the Erhman book. Hated Pagan Christianity. It was boring and quite erroneous about several points of church history, but why let the facts get in the way of making your point? He let the blatant aspects of paganism in Christianity go unnoticed but laid claim that the church building, the choir, the incense (hello? Revelation, anyone?), paid clergy, hierarchy and dressing up for church was all pagan in origin. His point being that home church was the only correct way to worship.

I also got several Miss Read books. My priest recommended them and I absolutely love them. Very folksy, British and humorous. I'm so glad she wrote so many. Lots to read!

I'm not as cranky today because I actually got some sleep last night. Not as much as I would have liked but more than 5 and less than 7 hours. Still, I would love to just spend a day or two in bed. Just once.

I've got the rest of the groceries to put away and then I'm down for the night. Tom is having beef stew from a can for supper and I'm pretty sure he can handle that one himself. He has been known to be quite handy around the house.

TTFN

No comments: