Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Typing with my eyes closed

I started the Irish Hiking Scarf today for a Knitalong that is taking place on a group I belong to on Ravelry.  I had forgotten about it so I was glad I had bought all that yarn this last week.  I cast on a scarf last night but didn't like it and thought this Caron Simply Soft heather would look good in cables.  And it does.

It got mighty cold sitting in the car tonight.  I was ready to get my mitts out of the trunk when Zach got out of class.  But tomorrow I will have them in the back seat before the sun goes down.

I tried to sleep in this morning because I have late nights on Wednesdays and Thursdays and I don't like to drive home sleepy on dark country roads.  I was up until nearly 5 a.m. with pain though and it took two pain pills to just dull it enough to sleep and then Tom came in and played with Professor on the bed while I was trying to sleep.  I asked him to let me sleep late and he did try to.  Then the phone rang and I had to scrape myself off the ceiling.  It was the dr's office with the results of my labs (all normal) and I had to take it because otherwise we'd be playing phone tag all week.

I tried napping in the car but the back seat was too full of stuff and I didn't bother with putting most of it in the trunk.  I will do that tomorrow though.  It didn't help my pain not to be able to stretch out.

I wanted to work more on the scarf but I think I'm going straight to bed.  I haven't gotten more than 5 hours sleep a night this whole week.

So this will be short and boring but I have a puppy nagging me for his bedtime snack.

Keep your feet warm.

TTFN

1 comment:

MadCityMike said...

I wanted to write and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog yesterday.
I also started reading at your beginning entry and continued until this one. What an interesting read!
You are one STRONG woman!!!
My best to you.