Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ramblin'

I had to go back to the dr today to talk about my labs. My blood pressure was through the roof and she was concerned but it's always high when I walk in the door.

I'm back on cholesterol medicine but she gave me some samples until my next blood work in 2 weeks. And she's putting me on metaformin for my diabetes. It wasn't particularly high, but she says that it will help my metabolism and help me lose weight in addition to improving my blood chemistry so the sugar is metabolized more efficiently.

She also wants me back on antidepressants but with the tramadol it can create a condition that is potentially fatal. So she insisted suggested I see a psychiatrist who will monitor me on both medications. I had to agree to get out of the office, but I'm not going to do it. And it's not just the money. I don't want to take any more chemicals into my system than is absolutely necessary. I know that I have to lose the weight and get my blood work in better shape. I'll do that. And I know that I suffer from depression. I'll work on that, too, but no more chemicals. At least not now.

I did some spinning last night until the spindle was so full the tip wasn't showing enough to spin anymore. I'm almost to the halfway point: 8 oz. I took socks with me to knit on at the dr office but there wasn't even time to get a whole round in. The nurse was very impressed though.

I took the audio books back to the library. I just got burned out on Harry Potter for a while. At least listening to them. I'll be taking music today. I'm just in that kind of mood. I'm losing interest in the sweater coat but I'm not frogging it because the interest may come back. I saw Jared Flood's neckwarmer on Ravelry and it's up on his blog as well. That I'm terribly interested in for my handspun dorset. I think I have enough to knit it.

Off to get tons of housework done we have to leave for FDL.

TTFN




No comments: