Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pictures, finally!

Yes, I got the camera out and while the pictures won't win any contests, they do show a bit of what I've been working on the past few months.

First off is the sweater I started last night. The color is a bit redder than that and it doesn't show the softness or the drape but I love it so far. I figure it will be a bit delicate though. I'm not sure it will hold up well, but I like the design and the yarn and it's all about me anyway.


Zach's sweater so far. I wasn't sure if I liked the contrasting collar but he does and since it's all about him, he gets to decide. It's soft and pretty light: Caron Simply Soft Heather in charcoal and blue denim or something like that. Too lazy to get up and dig into the bag and look. I'll start the sleeves tonight.

My handspun. I'm spinning Welsh Top on my Mother Marion Kick Spindle. This is a single so it's a bit thin. I'm not sure what it will look like plied. I might try Navajo plying but I'm not sure if I can do that very well on a kick spindle. The color is pretty white, not as vanilla as it looks here.

This represents nearly 8 ounces. Not a great picture, I know.

I did these so long ago I don't remember what the yarn was. I won it on a contest Angie had a while back. I just know it was yummy to knit with and I love the striping. This is for my baby sister for Christmas.
This is also part of my winnings from Angie's contest. Cascade Fixations. The color is more maroon than red. And so soft. These go to my Mom for Christmas. (I'm pretty safe writing this since no one from my family reads my blog.)

These were supposed to be my older sister's sabbatical socks but they never got mailed. It would have been too warm anyway and she probably would have lost them so she'll get them for Christmas.
These are some worsted socks I knit from some scraps of Woolease that I've got a ton of. It's just a 2x2 ribbing. Nothing fancy but I like them. They're sitting on my digital piano that I really need to get back to playing.

These Woolease socks don't match but I like them that way. I only had a little bit of the green and the pink but I like the effect. In most other things in my life I need symmetry but not socks for some reason. Again...the piano in the background.

My crayon socks. More Woolease scraps. These match because they looked better that way.


I raked leaves today after I took Zach to work. He's working a full shift today and hasn't had time between school and work to do it.

I'm off to do dishes and maybe start supper. I have Zach's work shirt to iron and I'd love to sit down and knit a bit tonight. I hope to get the yard mowed tomorrow because it's so tall it's starting to fall over. I plan on using the reel mower so I don't use up any gas. Not to mention the gas mower is still broken and I would have to use the vice grips.

My roll top computer desk. When we bought this we had a 386 that fit inside with the monitor sitting on it (it sat on its side). And you could shut the desk up. We even have a neat key for it. The old printer fit in a drawer to the right. It would still fit there if I had a cord long enough. It looks so much better than the monster desk that was almost half again as long and wide. And very ordinary.

TTFN



2 comments:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Wow!Love Zach's sweater and all the socks, especially the mismatched ones! Oh, and the desk looks great, too. You might be able to get a cord long enough for the printer at your nearest tech shop. Keep those photos coming.

knittingdragonflies said...

All of the socks are very pretty. I am starting to really use my kick spindle, I am always interested in your progress with yours. Navajo plying, that would be an adventure for me.
OOOOO raking makes me tired when I think of it also. Giggles
Vicki