Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How do you mend a broken heart?

Aside from listening to a BeeGees tune, that is?

You fall in love again.

And I did.  With two mice this time.  Zach picked out two from the pet store and surprise...they are spotted.  One is black, gray and white, the other is brown and white.  We haven't managed to get good pictures yet but we will.  Just be patient.

Zach named them: Ayeka, and Ryoko.  From a Japanese anime that he watches.  Both girls and both in love with the food dish.

Sigh.  More food issues in the house.  I didn't need that.  No, seriously we just happen to catch them eating.  

Professor is joined at the hip to me lately.  He can't stand it that I'm gone so much so when I'm home he's in my arms, which makes it very hard to type.  Up until a minute ago I was typing with him on my shoulder but he jumped down and is pouting on the bed now.  He's a bit miffed that I'm not in it because when I turn down the covers, he gets his night time treat.

Soon.  Very soon.

I got no knitting done so far.  I played games instead of knitting today while waiting for Zach.  It was just one of those days that I needed to veg out.  And games are a stress-buster for me. Knitting is just fun.

I'm almost done with the back of my cardigan.  I added to the length because I don't like short sweaters but we'll see how that works out with the rounding of the front pieces.  I'm guessing they'll be more oblong than round but I can live with that.

Unfortunately, nothing going on with the weight loss front.  It just ain't happening here.  I need to take my health more seriously but I can't seem to focus enough on it.  The doctor says that's depression and I should be taking anti-depressants, but the interaction with my pain meds can be fatal and since I'm not going back to being in pain all the time like I was for 12 years....

I need to look into something that is more holistic.  That doesn't require any medication, but deals with maybe food and exercise.  Sort of like the proverbial vicious cycle.  I need to control the depression to be able to focus better but I need the focus to be able to eat better so I can control the depression so I can focus better.

Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.

It was mighty cold this morning and it's much the same out there now.  I got the storm windows up but haven't put plastic on the windows yet.  I only have so much time during the day and while I need to get back to being a tightwad, the pace I was working at a couple of weeks ago was killing me.  Literally.  I was so tired I was on the verge of tears all the time.

I'm going to caulk the windows tomorrow and dig out the plastic so it's ready by Friday.  I don't turn the furnace on until it's all done because I'm not going to heat up the outside.  

I sound like my mother.

Anyway, my goal is to wait to turn the furnace on until November 1st.

I've decided to go back to using the dishwasher and dryer because time is at a premium and it can be better spent doing things that have more return on them.  Sure, I save about $20 a month by using both, but when I factor in all the time spent doing it, it's not a lot per hour. Pennies, in fact.

If I use that time to clear out closets, repair things and winterize the house, that's a better return.

Now I just need to do that instead of reading blogs.

But now it's bed time because my eyes are clouding over and I still want to get in some knitting tonight because a day feels really empty without it.

Stay warm.

TTFN

No comments: