Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Why are there only 24 hours in a day?

I meant to post yesterday but couldn't come up with a single thing to talk about.

I managed to finish the prayer shawl late last night.  I breath a sigh of relief that I have finished something.  It goes in the wash and then in a bag to keep as much of the animal hair off of it as possible.  I also finished the front of Zach's sweater.  I don't like the neckline because I think it's too big, but I hope the ribbing will take care of that.

I'm going to print out Jared's neckwarmer and knit up my handspun dorset.  That will feel so good this winter.  I would love a cowl and might look at that instead, but I don't have enough of the dorset for that.  I do have enough of the Cascade 220 though.  I definitely want wool.  Acrylic just wouldn't be warm enough.  I also have problems keeping hats on.  They slide off my head for some reason.  I've looked at my head bald and it doesn't look pointed to me so I don't know why it does that.

I'm drooling thinking of starting that kit I got from Joan.  But not today.  I need to wind the yarn into a skein first.  I use medicine bottles and do it by hand.  Slow going but it usually looks pretty good.

Professor brought in a mouse today after his morning run with Tom.  I guess he got lonely for the other one.  This one was a baby so Tom put it back outside.  Last night I took him for a walk and we went past a house that has tons of Halloween decorations out.  One set of decorations had spooky organ music and some life-sized figures moving about.  He stopped, cocked his head and looked so confused and then started barking at it.  I laughed out loud and then chuckled all the way home.  He just couldn't figure it out.

Another very full week coming up.  I started supper for tonight while I was fixing last night's supper.  I don't know what I'm going to do for Wednesday.  Zach has that funeral to acolyte but I should have time to throw something together.  Once I have the meat fixed, it's a bit easier. Coming up with ideas...not so much.  I've not been eating meat lately.  I will when I crave it but as long as I'm not, I'm not going to.  Anything to get my cholesterol down.  The dr wants it down by 50% by two weeks.  I think she's dreaming but I'll give it a go.  If I can get it down, she'll prescribe a cheaper medicine.  Otherwise...I'm back to spending $30 a month.  I've got samples I'm taking now.

Well, off to hang out the first of three loads of clothes today as it is supposed to rain tomorrow and I'm not home much on Thursday.

TTFN

1 comment:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

We all get the same amount of hours in a day, but we don't all get the same number of years. Why is life so short?

And about the hat popping off your head. Happens to me, too. We just must have real fine hair. Or tiny little heads (mine, anyway).

Oh, the mysteries of life!