Sunday, October 12, 2008

More Sunday blatherings.

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I had hoped.  I'm looking right now at the dirty kitchen floor thinking that it will keep until tomorrow, but supper and the dishes, of course, won't.  The yard needs mowing and Zach usually does that but with his schedule, finding the time is harder for him. He has assignments in addition to his school, so it's not like his actual class time is the totality of his school time.  And this week he's been asked to serve as acolyte for a funeral so he has no time this week to mow.

I just can't do it today.  I'm so stinkin' tired I can barely move and if I don't at least take it easy today, I'll be worthless all next week.  But I don't get the day off.  I have some rugs to hang out, supper to cook, dishes to do, and hopefully time for knitting later.  

I've been doing research online trying to find even more frugal ways to live.  I'm not really seeing anything new out there except I can use all kinds of coupons to get name brand discounts which don't cost as much as the store brand that doesn't have a discount.  Wait...that's not new.  I had to go back to the store today because I didn't realize we were almost out of eggs and we were also low on potatoes so I got those.  And a few fresh veg so I could make some vegetable soup for my suppers this week.

It all adds up though.

Church was excellent, as usual.  My Secret Sister gave me a coffee cup and soup bowl in bright colors: green and yellow and pink.  Flowers, which normally I'm not too fond of, but this isn't very girly at all.  I feel so at home there.  

I'm getting closer to finishing the stole.  During the peace today I went over to hug the woman who will be receiving it.  She broke her hip last summer and hasn't been as active as she used to be although I wish I could be as active as she still is.  It's just something I wanted her to have to cuddle up in this winter, especially as she had to have her dog put down last spring.  It will be the first winter without him.

I should learn from her that adversity doesn't mean you have to throw a pity party.  

Off to knit before taking Zach to work.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Let us know if you find out any cheaper way to live. It's getting terrible.
I keep slogging away.
That is so sweet to knit that women a shawl. It will be so appreciated.
Luck and energy your way.
Vicki