Sunday, October 5, 2008

God bless the animals

I'm sitting here with my Calorimetry on my head and a scarf around my neck and wearing an old ratty sweatshirt.  I love it!

But it is mighty cold in here so I need to shut storm windows, replace the screens in the doors and possibly start putting plastic on some of the inside windows.  I'll get the outside ones later this week.  It's looking like rain today and I don't want to be on a ladder in the rain.

We celebrated St. Francis of Assisi feast day today.  Took both Professor and Hannibal to church, left them in the car while we had the service (it was nice and cold but they had blankets to snuggle in.)  I wasn't keen on taking them but Zach really wanted to.  Sometimes it's just best to let people see for themselves that their wants aren't really the best thing all around.  Hannibal was so traumatized that he...um...left behind a solid present in the carrier. I think he also shed half his fur on Zach when he let him out of the carrier.

Professor was funny, though.  He's this bad, agressive dog when he's safely behind the living room window.  When I let him out of the car on his leash, he was pulling on it trying to get to the big dogs on the church lawn.  Rrrrfing all the way.  But when we got there he tried to crawl up my leg to get away from them so I ended up holding him the whole time.  And he was the star of the show, let me tell you.  Initially he backed away from nearly everyone who wanted to pet him. One girl became his new best friend though.  He fell in love with her right off the bat and let her not only pet him but snuggle him as well.

So Zach decided next year we'll just take a toy to be blessed as their surrogate.

Yep...I win.

I also won the argument about the desk as well.  Tom has agreed that if I can get rid of this monster, we'll bring the roll top down.  I just hope the monitor will fit in there.  It will be a very tight squeeze but I think it will do.  If not, I'll figure something else out.  I want this monstrosity out of here.

I got another sock done and find my interest waning.  It must be time to work on something else so I'm looking at lace scarf patterns for worsted weight yarn (my handspun dorset) or I might start on the balaclava in the Cascade 220.  I'll probably have enough for some mitts, too.

In the meantime, still working on the shawl, losing interest in the sweater coat (wishing I could make it out of black instead of maroon,) and wishing Zach's sweater were done.  So I guess I should focus on his sweater tonight because I do hate necklines.  Once I'm past that I'll speed through the rest 'cause I love to knit sleeves.

I ended up giving away a pair of my fingering weight socks yesterday.  We went to a party for a friend of Zach's who is going to Norway in January and forgot it was also a birthday party.  So I grabbed a pair of socks from the drawer and popped them into a bag.  It's so nice to have a stash of FOs to choose from.  They were her color, fortunately.  And I still have enough socks left over for my sisters and mom for Christmas.

Although...I guess it's a good excuse to buy some sock yarn now since I only have just enough.

Today is Zach's first day of work at McSnacky's.  He's a bit nervous as you would expect but he'll do fine.  Soon it will be my turn to get a job.  Like I don't already have two or three. 

I think I have time for a short snooze before time to take him to work.  I've actually been sleeping a lot lately so I must be getting some recuperative sleep going on.  I've been off my arthritis meds for a month now and my knees keep getting better.  I was able to completely genuflect today instead of going down halfway and using a death grip on the pew to bring me back up.  I don't know what is working but I think it's the CoQ10.  I stopped the other herbs I was taking so that's the only think I can think of.

Time to go off for a nap.

TTFN

No comments: