Monday, July 30, 2012

I really hate insomnia

I couldn't sleep this weekend.  Friday night I got a few hours of sleep, but Saturday...nothing.  I couldn't get my eyes to shut at all.  It was around 2 p.m. before I finally got a bit of sleep and then only an hour.  I had to go to the store to pick up a prescription so I needed that hour of sleep before I felt safe to drive.

Unfortunately, I didn't dare take any tramadol for the pain because I knew I would be driving and while I can normally take it and drive, not when I haven't slept.  I didn't get back to sleep until around 4 a.m. this morning but I slept until 2 p.m.  Albeit with frequent sleep interruptions, such as the dog needing out and Tom coming in to pet the dog.

So I feel a bit better today but still very sluggish and dragging. 

I got a lot of knitting done over the weekend but I had to frog the pink child's sweater because I just didn't have enough yarn to finish it.  I can make a baby sweater out of it though.  Although my pattern is missing the pages for the pullover front.  I suppose I could just make baby cardigans, which are better anyway because pulling a sweater over the head of a wriggling baby is difficult.  I found some Red Heart SS yarn on sale for $2 a skein so I picked up enough to make a child's sweater out of it.  It's a Claret Fleck which is turning out nicely.  Or would if it didn't feel so dry.  I know from experience that after a washing the Red Heart sweaters feel just as nice as the other acrylics but knitting them isn't the most pleasant experience.

I also started a baby sweater in Bernat Baby Sport because I wanted to work with something soft while dealing with the RH yarn.  It's a pink, white and green varigation and is turning out nicely.  I'm not as fond of cardigans because of the buttonholes but I'll figure it out.

I finished up the front and back of the baby swing sweater but I had to make adjustments to the sleeves.  Since I'm using a thicker yarn, I'm knitting on the number of stitches for a newborn and sizing it for a one year old.  But the sleeves have to end up sized for a one year old as well and the pattern doesn't allow for gradual increases.  So I'm going to have to knit it using the one year old size.  I just hope it's not too big and baggy.  Otherwise I'll just make it a vest or something.

Well, I need to find a cool place to relax before starting supper.  Hard to think of it since we just had lunch:  a salad with grilled chicken breast.  I'll wait until it cools off a bit before I fix supper.

To be honest, I could go back to sleep.  If I thought I could get back to sleep tonight, I would do it but I've got to get some normal sleep pretty soon.

TTFN

No comments: