Thursday, July 19, 2012

More rain!

We had some lovely rain overnight and a bit more today with temps in the low 70s or high 60s.  I didn't bother to check.  It was so nice not even using the fans and having that lovely breeze coming in through the window.

I even slept last night in spite of the sleeping pill not taking effect for hours.  I took it at about 9 p.m. and was still awake at 2 a.m. so maybe it didn't take effect at all.  I woke up to let Professor out around 9 a.m. but went back to sleep and slept like a rock until 1 p.m.  I actually got two rooms cleaned and a good head start on the kitchen in addition to a real meal for once.  Baked chicken, noodles in butter and parsley and corn.  Not a huge meal but easy to cook.

I've been making good progress on the baby items and will probably work on my Greek Key afghan tonight as it's so cool out.  I slept under my purple one last night instead of crawling beneath the covers.  Making the bed was a breeze today.  The new one is a lovely baby blue and off-white.  The old one is purple and off-white.  Stark white wouldn't work well with this pattern.

I intended to do a lot of reading today but stayed online too long.  I really need to stop that and since I won't be working in the dining room cleaning tomorrow I'll be more inclined not to turn the computer on until I fix supper. Out of sight...out of mind, sort of thing.

Time to get the chicken out of the oven and butter the noodles so I'm off.  The rest of the night will be knitting and reading.  Although not necessarily at the same time. 

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Yay for sleeping and rain!!!! I need some my way!
Vicki

Kathy said...

Hope you get some of both. Last night was a bust for sleeping but I have no idea why. It didn't help that Professor refused to let me sleep in this morning, not because he wanted out but because he wanted me awake. No other reason. He barked and barked until I woke up.