Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Survived another heat wave

This one was only a couple of days and broke sooner than predicted so I've got the windows open and fans blowing that cool 81 degrees in the house, which has a temperature of about 90 right now.  Except for the two rooms that have a/c.

They got rain to the north of us today although we could see the clouds and even enjoy the wind and cloudy skies.  And even smell the rain, but no wetness for us.  Shame since the soy beans are looking a bit wilty now, too.

I'm working on two baby sweaters right now.  I quit on one until I found the tape measure which had fallen under the bed and gotten kicked even further from view.  I can get back to it now.  If it's cool enough tonight I want to get back to work on the Greek Key afghan.  It might be a bit too heavy on my lap though.  If so, I'll work on the baby sweaters.  I need to find a charity to give them to but I'll check into that when the time comes.

We watched Star Wars: The Phantom Menace last night and picked up The Clone Wars today.  Zach is a major fan.  I like them but don't consider myself a huge fan.  But that's okay.  Now I need to order the third one from the library so that will come in when we're done with this one.  I'm not watching it tonight, though.  Tonight I'm taking a sleeping pill and going to bed.  I'm back to watching the sun rise every morning and not getting to sleep until after 6 a.m. or so.  I don't feel rested at all with this kind of non-sleep schedule.

Supper tonight is just chicken thighs and broccoli-cheese soup.  I'm not in the mood to cook much.

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

One more down, hopefully not too many more to go *snort*!
Hang in there!
Vicki

Kathy said...

Thanks. Unfortunately I know there are more ahead since we haven't even gotten to August yet. :(

But I am hanging in there, as you ordered. :)