Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Star Wars Day!

May the fourth be with you!

Two of my green peppers are peeking through the soil.  Hopefully the rest will follow suit soon.  They'll be pretty small when I try to transplant them outdoors so I might wait on putting them out until mid-June.  We have lots of bunnies so I want to get them as big as possible before setting them out in the garden.  I didn't fence in the garden last summer and didn't have any problems.  Professor killed off one generation of bunnies last summer but I'm sure there were other mother rabbits out there propagating so I'll just play it by ear.  If I see nibbles on my veg, I'll fence it in.

I've got a cat sitting next to the keyboard, just inches away from my face, glaring at me.  I think he wants food.  He does this during the night, too, waking me up at least twice a night for either cuddles or food.  We're having a staring contest and I lost, sadly.  He's got a mean glare.

I'm sorry about not having pictures yet.  I'm still trying to figure out the camera.  Zach is supposed to help me figure it out but I haven't gotten together with him yet.  I had errands today because a book came in at the library and I was running low on some things that could have waited but it was sunny and I wanted to get out in it.  Professor wanted walkies today but I'm still achy and so very tired and I have the laundry that I didn't finish yesterday to finish today.

I just started supper...Impossible Pie...cheap and easy one pot dinner.  Well, fairly cheap.

Zach wants an afghan/blanket for his room and I found these squares.  He's picked out some of them and since I had most of the colors, I just picked up two more that I didn't have.  I can start the afghan at any time, which might be tonight.  I do need to get back to the Navajo coat but I've completely lost interest in it.  I forgot to get rubber gloves for dyeing my yarn but I think I might have some in the kitchen somewhere so I hope to get that started tomorrow.  And I'm nearly done with the cats on the medieval pouch pattern.  Plus I need to get back on the sweater coat.  I'm close to finishing up the back, which is why I keep putting it off.  I'm fine just working the pattern but when it comes to measuring because I'm close to the end, I lose interest.  I'm always afraid I'll go too far and need to rip back on it so I measure every other row...which gets tedious since it's long and I only have one place to measure, which involves moving pets out of the way so I have room.

Why is it moms end up doing all the pet care, no matter whose animal it is?

I need to weed out my daffodils and tulips.  The grass is as tall as the blooms.  Ugh!  I hate weeding.  I'm not a keen gardener when it comes down to it, but I like the results and since no one else in the family will do it, I guess it's up to me.  Sort of like that pet thing.

Seriously achy again today in spite of the sunshine.  I'm moving more so that might be part of it, getting more done but I still have such a long way to go, sadly.  I'm thinking of counting calories again.  Getting some of this weight off will help movement and hopefully pain, but I suck at dieting and once I'm there, I panic and eat everything in the house.  It's not about will-power at all.  I quit smoking several years ago and haven't smoked a cigarette since then, and that was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life, as Tom still smokes and I had cigarettes and cigarette smoke around me all the time.  This is different.

It is nice to see the brilliant green on the ground again...until I have to get the lawn mower out.  Then I'll start bitching again.  I'm like that, you know.  I also need to fertilize my fruit trees and bushes before another week goes by.  And I've got some flower seeds to sow as well.  I want lots of flowers this year.  Got to bring the bees back and give them something to eat.  Year by year, I make improvements on the yard. 

Well, off to get the laundry folded and another load in the dryer.  I might wash another load, too.  I'm working on cleaning up the basement, too.  Then after supper, I'm falling into bed again.  I hope to get to sleep early enough tonight so I can get up before noon tomorrow.  It's hard when you can't get even 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep so I sleep as long as I can.

TTFN

No comments: