Monday, May 2, 2011

Laundry Monday

Another day of sunshine but it was again very windy out there.  I almost hung a load of clothes out but I was afraid I'd have to drive all over the neighborhood looking for them later on in the afternoon.  So they are drying in the dryer...which means I'm getting more laundry done today because I can continue into the night.

Alas, laundry is all I'm getting done today though.  And I'm having to push myself to get it done.  I haven't rebuilt my pain tolerance since messing about with my medication for fibromyalgia.  I still tend not to take a pain pill during the day but now the pain is keeping me from getting things done rather than getting things done is keeping  me from thinking about the pain.  Well, that and the incredible fatigue.  I just feel like I'm not getting any sleep, and yet I can't seem to nap in the afternoons.

I haven't used my camera yet.  I'm going to learn how to use it tonight or tomorrow and get some pictures for the blog because I got my fleece today.  I was so stunned to get it so soon as it didn't ship until Saturday.  And it's lovely!  I haven't opened it yet but I love the look of it:  Shetland wool.  Beautiful!  Maybe tomorrow I'll open it up for the pictures.  I still need to research kool-aid dyeing and get that done.  After I get the kitchen cleaned up.  I don't have another option for dyeing, like the basement or another room.  I'll be extra careful and since it's only kool-aid right now, I don't think I need separate rooms or utensils.  Definitely with the chemicals I'll need separate stuff, but I still won't have a separate room for dyeing.

I'm not at all happy with the bag I'm working on.  I don't know why when I carry colors I get these dimples all over.  I'm not pulling it too tight, it's just that the crossover in the back pulls the front part back and it looks like a small dimple.  I can't do intarsia because there are places in the design that call for the different color.  I'm better off not not crossing over at all, just letting the color carry over until it's needed again.  I'm planning on lining it anyway so it won't get caught.  Otherwise my colorwork is good.

Had to make a trip down to the basement to swap out more clothes.  I put the last load for the night into the washer so it will be a while before I can crawl into bed.  Darn it!  I hate the stairs because they're so steep and my legs aren't the best at climbing stairs.  It's one of the reasons I have my bedroom in the living room, because I get up so much at night for one reason or another and climbing the steep stairs (the upstairs used to be an attic) hurts my poor arthritic knees, not to mention all the aches and pains from the fibromyalgia.  I would love to have a house with everything on one floor but Tom wouldn't even look at them when we were house-hunting.  They weren't interesting enough.

I need to find all the seeds and starts I had put aside for the yard.  I thought they were on the basement door handle but they're not so I don't have a clue where they can be.  Maybe the garage?  I guess I'll go out there and look tomorrow if it's nice again.  I need to sort out my tools anyway and get the lawn mower ready to go.  We need to mow already, what with all this rain we've been getting.

I'm hoping that very soon, my pain tolerance will get back to its previous level and this fatigue will go away long enough for me to get some things done.  In the meantime, I'm going to have to push myself to get the necessities done before I get so swamped I end up hiding in my bed for the rest of the summer.

TTFN

No comments: