Monday, May 16, 2011

Pity party time

I just finished Teri Garr's autobiography last night.  Her ordeal getting a Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis and the subsequent social treatment was very interesting.  Some of it hit pretty close to home.  I know fibromyalgia isn't on the same level as MS but there are aspects of it, such as the invisible nature of the disability, that we share.  She talked about how her husband couldn't understand her fatigue and thought she was just being lazy.  Oh, how I can relate to that.  Tom says he understands now, but quite frankly I don't know if I believe him.  Or if I'm just projecting how I feel about myself.  There are days I cannot force myself to function no matter how hard I try.  I have things I want to get done, but I just can't get from point A to point B.  There is a barrier there that won't let me get things done.

And with depression on top of all of this, it's a hurdle that just keeps getting higher.  I have things to do that must get done and no one else will step up to the plate to do them.  Zach helps somewhat but he has his own issues that keep him in a state of paralysis as well.  I'm about 98% positive he's got Asperger Syndrome in addition to his Tourette's and OCD.  Not to mention his depression that we can't afford to treat until he gets insurance.  I've had to lay it on the line that he has to get out and be more proactive in finding a job.  He's got applications in but isn't even getting an interview, let alone a call about his application/resume.  I'd hate for him to have to go back to fast food, but if nothing comes up soon, that's just where he's going to have to go.  We can't afford for him to go without a pay check as his savings is almost gone and he still has his student loan to pay off.

He's a good kid, don't get me wrong and really wants a job, but his confidence was shattered by an interview for an internship and he doesn't bounce back because of all his other issues.  The jerk decided he needed to tell Zach everything that was wrong with him and why he wouldn't be able to get a job, as if he was doing him a favor.  He desperately needs a boost to his ego somehow.  A good interview, even if he doesn't get the job, would help.

Asshat.  I hope his company goes under.

He's going to mow the yard again tomorrow.  It's growing fast because of all the rain we've got.  I've got to get out there and trim the yard along with preparing my flower and vegetable beds.  With the little amount of energy I've got, that might take a couple of weeks.  Plus I'm pretty sure Tom won't get the garden tilled and he'll be out of town Memorial Day weekend so we'll be shit out of luck if I can't get it done by then.  I would like to just buy a tiller as we need it every year but they're not cheap.

Plus I need to scrub down the walls in the bathroom because they are covered with mold and mildew.  And then I need to scrape off old paint and put new paint on the walls and cabinets.  Again, with Tom working 6 days a week, I'm not going to have any help with that. 

I found some fabric for lining my medieval pouch.  It's got a yellow background with blue flowers and should look really well with the pouch.  I just need to get it done.  Mostly I've been working on the baby blanket because it's mindless and easy.  I've gotten some done on the Tree of Life afghan but I also need to get back to the gamer squares afghan for Zach's room. 

Mostly though I just need sleep and an escape from all the crap that keeps falling on my shoulders to carry alone.

I'm trying to fix supper but as I didn't thaw anything out and I'm out of macaroni (and forgot to get more) I can't fix macaroni and cheese.  Although I do have the generic store brand so I can crumble up some hamburger and fix the mac and cheese and call it supper.  Works for me!

Well, I've got to get busy and finish it up so I can crawl into bed.  Maybe I can get to sleep early tonight.  I saw the sun rise again this morning before I got to sleep and Professor woke me up at 11. 

TTFN


1 comment:

Beverly said...

Oh, Kathy, I hear ya. We gotta talk. I've got issues too and unless you've been there, no one will ever understand. For now {{{hugs}}}