Thursday, May 19, 2011

Planning...gardening, dyeing, and future projects for the needles

Zach is going to give me a tutorial on the camera tomorrow, after mowing and working in the yard.  We've got rain in the forecast for the next 6 days or so, so the yard must be mowed tomorrow.  Our young neighbor to the north, in spite of having a clear distinction where we mowed the property line, keeps squaring off his mowing, cutting off a good 5 feet from our front yard.  I keep hoping he will just follow the property line we mow.  I mean, what does he think we're doing?  Tom won't go talk to him, I know.  And I doubt he would pay any attention to anything I had to say so I think I'm going to plant some shrubs along the property line.  As much to keep Professor from barking insanely at what goes on up the street as any other reason.

I need to get the trimming done as well and hopefully get some flower beds planted.  I have some greenery to plant under my bedroom window because it gets so little light.  Nothing I've planted there, aside from a barberry bush seems to grow there.  I've also got a ton of columbine seeds to throw into the prairie garden on the hill.  And then echinacea on the side hill.  I might pass on strawberries this year as I've already spent a bunch and if I buy some shrubs (that might need to wait until next summer as well) I'll be spending money that needs to go into savings to pay for next year's property taxes.  We seem to live, not from pay check to pay check, but from this year's property tax bill to the next one.

I finished up season 3 of Farscape.  I decided not to buy Peacekeeper Wars yet.  I can easily get it from the library.  I think I might take a break and not spend my "allowance" next month.  I might just hang onto it for a month or two and let it grow until I can buy something bigger.  Like a birthday present for Zach in October.

I got pizza for supper tonight, the french bread kind, so everyone is on their own.  I'm not even sure if I'll eat mine tonight as I'm not particularly hungry.  We ate out, but chose the cheaper options.  Still we ate later and I'm still full from it.  I can eat a peanut banana sandwich later if I get hungry enough and save my pizza for two lunches this week.

I made good progress on the Tree of Life afghan, working on the flower garden design now.  It's a new stitch design for me so I hope I'm doing it right.  I just noticed some errata mentioned on the Ravelry page and I haven't looked at it yet.  I should check that out.  I mostly worked on the baby blanket though.  I do need to dig out the gamer squares afghan and get back to work on it, too.  It involves more attention to detail so I'm not as free to watch tv while I work on it.  Maybe I'll listen to a podcast while I work on it.  But not tonight.

I found a delightful pattern that will most definitely be next on my baby pattern list of things to make for charity.  It looks a bit complicated but just enough to make it interesting.  I love the way it looks.  Not sure I want to make it in white, though.  White on babies is only for christenings and such.  Not for daily wear.  Now I can't wait to get done with the baby blanket.

Tonight will be catching up on Supernatural and some of the documentaries I've got on dvr.  My inventory is getting in the 60% and I like to keep it under 50 if possible.  I also might get an episode of Farscape in as well.  Plus I've got several books from the library I need to read.  I'm spending less time online but I need to spend even less time.  I do feel better when I get more things done around the house and with my crafting.  I would love to start on the dyeing of my yarn but with tons of rain in the future, I don't want it hanging all over the house for days.  If I can get a few days of no rain going, I can dye some of it and let it dry indoors or take it out in the late afternoon after the clothesline gets in the shade.  I don't want to fade the yarn while it's drying by leaving it in full sun.

Well, I'm getting hungry after all and pizza sounds better than a peanut butter/banana sandwich so I'm off to stick it in the toaster oven.

TTFN


1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Dang girl, now I'm tired after reading everything your up to!!
Vicki