Friday, May 6, 2011

Not loving Stuffmart today

There was a list on the chalkboard in the kitchen so I ended up shopping after all.  But I came out with just a few items more than the list I had so I'm good.  Except for my hips, which are really hurting whenever I walk now.  I must get this weight off.  I tried to find a new bra as my mastectomy bras bit the dust a month ago.  They were over 8 years old, after all, and had been mended multiple times.  I don't know what lame-ass decided to stop carrying plus-size bras at Stuffmart but I'm hoping they roast in hell for it.  Yeah, I might be a tad upset.  I don't love being fat, you know.  I don't sit and eat until my chest explodes because I love the way it feels.  And now I can't even find a bra that fits because apparently someone decided to stop carrying them.

We've had mostly sunny today with a spot or two of rain but in the south I can see some mighty mean looking thunder clouds frowning in my direction.  I'm guessing they'll stay in the south.  I'm hoping they stay in the south.

Professor had a rough night last night.  I had to take him out several times for poo-ing.  He really wanted the back yard but I was so tired and wanting to go to bed and he gets tangled up in the back yard so I made him go out front.  Tom said when he got home that Professor went immediately to the back yard and just moped around a bit.  He didn't eat his night time treat until after Tom came home so he must have gotten something nasty out of his stomach by then.  He had been eating grass early yesterday but didn't seem like he felt bad.  This morning when he crawled under the covers to "spoon" me, I noticed he felt really warm and when he licked my hand, his tongue was warm.  I got him some baby aspirin while I was at the store (puppy aspirin is twice the amount and is the same damn stuff.)  By the time I got home, however, he was frisky and cool again.  Must have been a 24 hour something or other.  He's sunning himself on the grass out there now.

As to the other pet, Hannibal has gained a lot...he's 11 pounds now.  He still feels boney to me but maybe that's just his age.  He's certainly friskier.  I think the worm medicine worked.  Unfortunately he's frisky enough that he wakes me up in the middle of the night to pet him.   Not going to happen Mr. Cat.  We're still giving him as much as he'll eat.

Okay, I just let Professor in and he was mopey again so I gave him a baby aspirin in some raw hamburger.  He gobbled it down so that's a good sign, but I'm going to keep an eye on him this weekend.

I got the rest of the kool aid today.  I need an package per ounce of yarn and I have a pound so I got 20 packages just to be on the safe side.  I'll probably dye some of it tomorrow.  If the weather is nice, I'll hang it outside.  If not, I've got some wooden racks in the basement I can bring up here.  It's not like we ever get any company so I can just set it up anywhere there is room.  Wait...there isn't any room anywhere.  Dang.  I'll figure something out.

I frogged the medieval pouch last night because I really hated the colors.  I'm going with blue and yellow now.  So far I like it but I haven't gotten very far yet.  I didn't work on anything else though as I was too busy taking Professor outside.  I finally crashed about 11 p.m.  I heard Tom come home but I went back to sleep after that and woke up again at 2 to let Professor out again.  He wanted out at 6 a.m. but I told him to get back into bed.  Apparently he had already gone on the puppy pads.

Tonight I'm hoping to get more done on the sweater coat.  I pulled the Navajo coat out and can't remember what size hook I was using.  I didn't use the size it called for but I can't remember how many sizes I went up.  I guess I'll just have to use trial and error.  I love the way it looks so I should get back to it.  And the gamer squares afghan I'm working on for Zach.  I didn't find any peach colored yarn there so I think I'll go upstairs and see if there is anything in the bin I found the other day.  It's very old yarn but if it's the right color and weight, I don't care.

Professor is out back now wading through the grass.  I can tell by the way the grass hits his chin that it's time to mow this weekend.  And time to start digging the garden.  I wish we could rent a tiller but that's probably not going to happen.  It's a tiny garden.

I'm going to take a short nap after Professor comes back in.  I don't think I'm up for walkies tonight and with him acting this way, I don't think he is either.

TTFN


No comments: