Wednesday, November 18, 2009

She still lives!

Wow. A whole week has gone by without me blogging. I've barely been online to even read blogs, although I do keep up with those I consider friends...even if I don't comment on them. I've been experimenting to see if being online is what has been responsible for my not getting much done and it's a mixed bag. But I do think that less time online makes me more productive in the long run. I still deal with fatigue and the achiness of fibromyalgia but I am getting more done.

And I would get a whole lot more done if I could just stay home long enough to do it.

As usual, when Tom is planning an expedition up north, something goes wrong. The headlight in the car burned out again...and it hasn't even been a year since the last time. I initially went to StuffMart to see if they would replace it but they "declined" it since it was so complicated. I don't blame them since their pricing is so low. Alternative plan was to call Vic's, who have been really good to us lo, these many years. The contact person I talked to suggested that maybe the lamp needs to be replaced instead of the bulb since it could be the root of the problem so we're looking at that. The lovely thing about these mechanics is they don't just jump in there and do anything without being sure of the problem. They have definitely proven their integrity to us over and over again. The reason I went to StuffMart was one of time over any other reason. Can't always get into Vic's quickly.

But...success! We've got an appointment tomorrow. I'll drop the car off and take care of the errands I need to with the truck before Tom leaves for work and then pick the car up on Friday before Tom leaves for his hunting trip.

And hopefully, the lamps are the problem and we can just replace them. This gets so old.

I've been a reading and knitting fool of late. I finished an orange (well...mango) neckwarmer for Tom although he says the weather should be warmer this year. I also finished my denim neckwarmer and am working on the rasta hat that I had to unravel initially because it was huge and ended up around my neck when I put it on instead of on my head. I was accurate to gauge but apparently my head and thin hair need a smaller hat so I went down two needle sizes on the ribbing and kept the original size on the body of the hat. We'll see how that works out.

I need to get back to my sweater (Oblique-ish) and probably will over the Thanksgiving holidays. It's black yarn and requires a bit more attention than I've been able to give lately but I've got Star Trek Voyager season 2 for the holidays in addition to SG-1 seasons 2 and 3 that I own. Plus whatever I can get from the library.

I'm also almost done with the Thrush Green series. On the last book. I'm reading the Village School series as well and just got the first two Cadfael books from the library today. In addition to some Celtic Christian books I'm also reading.

In spite of all that activity I've been doing more about the house. At least almost keeping up which is a minor miracle for me these days with all this fatigue I'm battling. Only 3 weeks left of school this semester and next semester Zach has one online class and then he's done. I'm hoping he can get a full-time job but we'll settle for part time for now. His insurance will run out after the first of the year so we'll have Cobra to pay but won't have the extra gas to pay for trips to Fond du Lac so it may even out.

I'm still trying to find a way to make my talents pay at home since I don't think I have the stamina or can remain pain free long enough to work outside the home. I'm planning a big garden for next summer as well that should help. Plus I will have the time to devote to frugality with better success, not having to deal with eating out or racing back and forth from Fond du Lac. Also, Zach will have to pay me to drive him to work once this semester is over. Not a lot, but he needs to start being aware of what his situation really costs him. I won't push him because irrational fears aren't overcome by nagging or pressure but he does need to see that there is a cost to it. If he's willing to pay the cost, fine. But I suspect he might begin to see that it might be time to start working on the problem. It's a disability after all, not a character flaw.

Well, I'm off to the doctor's office. It seems they didn't send the right codes or something for my physical so the insurance company denied the claim. I am so sick of all of this.

I hope to be better at posting in the future but for now...

TTFN

No comments: