Monday, November 23, 2009

Day three of the deer widow's vacation

I didn't get a lot done today. The forecast was for partly cloudy with sunshine in the afternoon. No one bothered to tell Mother Nature, though, because it kept getting cloudier until we ended up with a fine mist and a bit of fog.

I had hung out the first load but as it didn't clear up put the second load of whites and light colored clothes in the dryer. Which is having some problems, it seems. It took a while to dry the load. I think I need to snake the lint trap because I suspect it's got a stash of lint hidden away. Only I don't have a snake. I keep a lookout at StuffMart in the section where they keep the informercial items but so far no snake.

So I ended up bringing in the first load of shirts and pants (and some undies) and hung it all on racks. With the new arrangement of the living room, I have more room but with Tom gone and not using the kitchen I put them in there instead. I don't have the furnace on but there is a good heating vent in the wall high up that blows down on the retractable rack under it and room for the wooden rack in front of it. If only I had the furnace on. But it's not worth it to turn it on just to dry some clothes. They'll dry in time and maybe tomorrow the sun will shine for a while and I can finish drying them outside.

Or not.

It looks like we have to go to Fond du Lac tomorrow night after all. There is a problem Zach needs to work on but the software is only in his classroom and not in any of the other labs so instead of being able to go to Beaver Dam, we have to drive all the way up there. I had so hoped we would get a night off. But there are only 5 days left of school so I shouldn't complain.

I did intend to get more work done today but I'm still battling the fatigue and joint pain from the fibromyalgia so I decided to limit myself today and do a bit more when I don't have to drive 40 minutes each way and sit in the car and wait.

I noticed this morning when I was hanging out clothes that some critters have been munching on the offerings I've laid out for them. The ornamental corn I was using for decoration is almost gone and the hamster food I got by mistake has been nibbled (selectively) but the birds don't seem to touch any of the food in the feeders. I put it out back by the bushes where they seem to hang out. Not sure why they don't want it. Maybe there is too much still available to them and they're saving it for bleaker conditions.

I'll also tackle the bathroom tomorrow. A little bit each day on the mildewed walls will help but it will be a while before it really looks like progress. And each time the shower gets used, it starts all over again...even when we use the fan. Or even in the summer when the window is open. I wonder if there is a mildew resistant primer out there?

I need to dig my Encyclopedia of Country Living out and read up so I can plan my garden for next spring. I'm moving it to another part of the yard to see if we can grow things better there. We have so much clay though and even though I'm composting I don't think it will be enough. Those are the kinds of things I need to know way ahead of time.

I ended up ripping Oblique-ish out completely. I loved the pattern but I hated the neckline and couldn't get it to work with a regular one. So I found a cabled cardigan in one of my old magazines that I'm going to work on...again. I tried it once but it didn't look good with the yarn I was working with. I hope I wasn't using Caron Simply Soft because that's what I'm working with now. But I need to get busy and try to stay as monogamous as I can because I need the cardigan now or as soon as possible.

Off to get ready for bed, Voyager second season, and casting on the new sweater. What a vacation it's been so far.

TTFN

No comments: