Friday, November 6, 2009

Just popping in...

Apparently my "recovery" on Monday was the eye of the Hurricane. By Monday night I was sick again with a headache and body aches. I dreaded all day at campus on Tuesday but I managed to doze a bit in the booth while Zach spent time on his laptop. I also got some snoozes in while he was in class. I'm friends with the cleaner and the security guards have seen me there for two years so no one bothers me and I can just snooze away.

By Wednesday I felt so stopped up that I was sure it was heading into a sinus infection. By today I was sure. Still taking the echinacea and blowing my nose frequently.

I did feel a lot better today. Took Professor walkies around the block and got some outdoor work done as well as a load of clothes on the line. I have another load in the washer that I will hang out tomorrow morning. I thought about it tonight but it's so windy out there I don't want to wake up and find half my clothes gone so I'll wait.

I'm making homemade macaroni and cheese for supper tonight. It's a favorite here especially in winter. Although it was not so cold today...just windy. I think I'll do some baking tomorrow.

I finally put plastic on the front door today and will get the bathroom done tomorrow. I've been crocheting snakes for the windows like mad the past two days. I've got two done. Crocheting moves faster than knitting so that's my choice for these. I think they used to call these "extruders" or something like that. They were also called "door sausages" I think.

I've been moving rapidly through the Thrush Green series. The library was only missing one book in the series and I found it in another library so I put an order in for it. I hope it comes in Monday because I have to go back to the library then. I'm trying to make fewer trips to Beaver Dam. Zach is going to drop his internship class because he just hasn't been able to find one. One guy wanted him to do his inventory for him (without salary), two of them kept him on the line while they were not bothering to get back with him and one guy held him up for 3 weeks with interviews and phone and email contact before letting him know that his company didn't have the resources to train someone. I suspect that is the biggest issue....the companies are expected to train new people and not for their own benefit.

At any rate, he won't be able to graduate until spring and has to spend even more money on a class he should never have had to take. They should have let the students know ahead of time they had to provide their own internships. There was nothing in the syllabus or the lesson plans or even the course description. It's not fair.

At any rate, I need to get busy with supper and back to crocheting more snakes so...

TTFN

No comments: