Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday never felt so good

I made it through to the other side of this cold. I'm still a bit stopped up and coughing a bit but I feel so much better for having spent the past two and a half days in bed, sleeping and resting. I definitely recommend it for getting well. I even feel like functioning today, something I haven't felt like for months.

As a result, I'm doing laundry. I would prefer to dry the clothes on the line but they might end up in the next county with the wind as strong as it's been the past week. Zach is going to try raking leaves today but they might end up in the next county as well...which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, I'm thinking.

I did a lot of reading but not so much knitting. I did finish the socks I'm going to send to my sister and worked on my earth shawl but nothing that required any concentration. I started another sleeping hat last night and might start a balaclava for myself for the winter months so I can get outside more often.

I've been debating cutting my hair because it's so thin and ends up looking like straw from the dryness of it. But I hate the way I look in short hair so I might just try to figure out a way to pull it back throughout the winter months and deal with it more in the summer. I love the way the hair keeps my neck warm so I will have to knit a neck warmer for myself if I'm going to pull the hair off my neck. Which wouldn't bother me a bit, to tell you the truth. Something lacey would be nice.

I went to take some chicken leg quarters out of the bag I bought for supper tonight and it's one solid mass of chicken so I'm trying to thaw it out just enough to separate but not so much that I can't re-freeze the rest. Worst case scenario...I cook it all and freeze the cooked portions.

I must get back to strict tightwadding. We've spent way too much money in the past month to the degree I'm afraid to bring the checkbook up to date. But I must. I'm the one who has to face the hard things so I'd better get it over with.

And I'll be spending less time online, too. I realized these past two days that I really didn't miss the internet and that I got so much other things done instead so I'll be limiting myself to an hour or so online, which doesn't get me far with the things I used to read, but I'm going to limit Ravelry and Facebook as I don't want to pass on the blogs I read.

In the meantime, laundry is beckoning to me and I must respond.

TTFN

No comments: