Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day four of the deer widow's vacation

Rain! Ugh. I don't mind it unless I have to drive dark country highways with faded lines that you can't see when the pavement is wet. Especially with car lights in your rear view mirror so blinding because the driver behind you is less than one car length away and the cars coming at you have forgotten to dim their brights. At one point I was completely blind going into a curve at 45 mph.

I sincerely doubt I will ever get Zach behind the wheel of the car now.

Oh...and the car that was tailgating and passed me doing about 65? We waved as we passed him pulled over by the police.

But we made it home and have no particular place to go until Sunday morning. First Sunday of Advent...yes!!!

I am going to the library tomorrow because Supernatural season 2 is in and that would make a sweet Thanksgiving day marathon. And will make a trip to StuffMart to get a pizza for T-day dinner so I don't have to cook anything.

I did mostly nothing today beyond cleaning the kitchen and knitting. I frogged the cabled cardigan because it looked much better in the picture than it did in person and went with a pattern from knitty.com. I'll link to it tomorrow but right now Zach is waiting for me so we can watch some more Voyager, season 2 and I can finally get back to knitting the sweater.

And I'm probably going to be reading a bit later, too. I got my book from Amazon.com...Christ of the Celts by J. Philip Newell. It's not a big book but looks so good. Still, I've got books from the library I need to finish first.

Now that school is behind us for the week I hope to get busy and get more done here and get back to cooking from scratch (aside from T-day, that is) and get busy organizing and making this house work more efficiently.

And I'm sleeping in tomorrow because I can.

TTFN

No comments: