Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Where did my energy come from and how do I get it to stay?

I have no idea what bit me but even with a late start, I got busy doing some deep cleaning and re-arranging. The previous arrangement wasn't working in the living room. Although it did open up the heating vent more, it made the room so crowded we were walking sideways through the room and you couldn't have more than one person walking through the room at a time. So I'm nearly done but I plan to get a load of clothes started in the wash so I can hang them out first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm hoping to get the kitchen and bathroom deep cleaned tomorrow. The kitchen sink is clogged and Tom needs to take the elbow out because we suspect something large got through the drain and don't want to try to flush it down where it might lodge even worse. As a result I can't use the kitchen sink or the dishwasher so I got stuff to eat that didn't involve either cooking or using dishes (I have some paper plates if needed.) Still, I could do better on the rest of the kitchen but I'm running out of steam and I still need to start that load of clothes and bring up two chairs for the card table/dining table.

I do plan on some more clearing off of flat spaces over the course of the next few weeks so I can put out Christmas decorations. Zach has asked if we could go all out this year so he could feel in a more festive mood. So instead of just the tree, I plan on using the rest of our decorations and lights and have some plans for Christmas day as well that involve family time together. He has asked if we could all play Monopoly. I need to locate the game and am desperately hoping I haven't gotten rid of it when I donated a lot of games to a teacher at our church. Fingers crossed.

I haven't done much knitting or crocheting today because I was either running errands or rearranging my room and the living/dining room/den. I do plan on working on the rasta hat and the snake before I crash for the night though.

And since I hear the siren song of the laundry I need to get busy so I can crawl into my pajamas and under the covers where it is warmer than it is here. Winter is fast approaching and I'm not completely done winterizing yet. Must accomplish more tomorrow.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

The siren song of the laundry? OK you need to send some of whatever you are having to me.... I'm pretty sure I've never heard that playing at my house.
Giggles
Vicki
Is there a violin in that piece? Or is it a rap song?